Wood color of diffusor panels

Jaytor

Wood color of diffusor panels
« on: 2 Nov 2019, 08:38 pm »
I'm considering purchasing some 6A Alpha Series Bass Trap Diffusor/Absorbers with the Gray Elm finish and I'd like to find out what the color of the wood in the cut-outs is.

I purchased some of these with the white veneer finish earlier this year and was surprised that the cut-outs were a blonde wood color. Since I was using white fabric underneath, this didn't look very good, and I ended up having to remove the diffusor panels and spray paint then white.

If the gray elm panels are also just a surface veneer over blonde wood, this isn't going to look very good. Can anyone tell me what the cutout color is?

Thanks.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Re: Wood color of diffusor panels
« Reply #1 on: 2 Nov 2019, 08:58 pm »
Hi,

I believe the cutout color will still be a blonde yellow as the veneer in my experience does not wrap around. You will have to diy a solution that will be aesthetically pleasing to you. As an alternative, ask GIK, they may be able to customize a solution for you.

Best,
Anand.

TwymanJ

« Reply #2 on: 4 Nov 2019, 02:19 am »
I have a pair of these with the Gray Elm finish. The cutouts are the natural blonde wood, though I have mine with the dark brown fabric, and I don't notice the color of the cutouts (I had to check them with a flashlight to answer your question). Hope that helps.

Jaytor

« Reply #3 on: 4 Nov 2019, 05:44 pm »
Thanks for the info. I guess could get out a dark colored sharpie if the blond wood bothered me on the darker panels. It was really obvious on my white on white diffusors.