New HT1's

craig

New HT1's
« on: 19 Feb 2007, 08:36 pm »
Well, I just met the delivery guy at lunch today and am now the proud owner of some bubinga-wood HT1's !

During my lunch break, I hooked them up, fired up some jazz stuff..and...............they sounded really flat. No detail at all.  Wait a sec!  What's this protective film over the tweeters?  Ohhh..  Peeled those things off, and the speakers came to life.  Wow!  A very very different speaker than my ACI Sapphire IIILE's.  The resolving power is truly amazing.  Right out of the box, they had a level of detail I hadn't heard in my old speakers.  Like the Sapphires....their was no unusual tonal coloration....  but the high-frequency detail was where these things truly shined.  I've recently auditioned some Focal Chorus 807V's, Focal profile 908's, Monitor Gold's, Polk LSi9's and some Paradigm S2's...and of course my ACI Sapphire's.   Yes, the price range for these all varied to as little as 900 to as much as 2200 for the HT1's.  All of these speakers had some good points....but the HT1's just seemed to be in a totally different category.  And of course, they are absolutely stunning!
Now, just waiting for some nice speaker stands to be delivered.

Thanks, Jim.  It was great doing business with you!

-Craig

jsalk

Re: New HT1's
« Reply #1 on: 19 Feb 2007, 10:19 pm »
Craig -

Glad they arrived safely and your first experience (once you removed the protective tape on the tweeter) was a positive one.

As you spend more time listening, you will most likely discover details in your recordings that you never knew were there.

Keep us posted on your further experiences.

Thanks,

- Jim

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #2 on: 20 Feb 2007, 12:04 am »

"During my lunch break, I hooked them up, fired up some jazz stuff..and...............they sounded really flat. No detail at all.  Wait a sec!  What's this protective film over the tweeters?  Ohhh..  Peeled those things off, and the speakers came to life."

You're supposed to take that thing OFF?   Heh heh, I'll just a spend a few more hours in the lab................ 

randybessinger

« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb 2007, 03:02 pm »
Yes, taking that protective tape off of the ribbons is "like lifting a veil to the music" :lol: