My Experience Updating the Firmware in Samsung BD-P1000

Bigfish

Last night I wanted to watch the Blu Ray version of "Jumper" in my Samsung BD-P1000 Blu Ray DVD Player.  When I loaded the movie I received a message on the screen that the Firmware in my player needed to be updated.  Well, that is when the fun started (yea, right)!

I went to the Samsung Site and found the latest Firmware for the player in a PDF file.  There were no instructions to be found on the web site or in the player manuel on what to do with the file.  I finally went to the on-line help section and a technician immediately respond to my request for assistance.  The instructions were to download the file, extract the files to a folder and then write the ISO file as an image to a CD.  Well it only took me three attempts to write the ISO file as an image but I finally managed to to do so.  I then loaded the CD into the Blu Ray Player and received a message on the screen that the Firmware was being updated.  The upgrading process took approximately 15 minutes.  After it was finished I removed the CD and turned the player off and back on again.  "Jumper" loaded and played without any issues.

I don't know how many of you have older Blu Ray Players but thought I would alert you to my Firmware Updating Experience!

Ken

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: My Experience Updating the Firmware in Samsung BD-P1000
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jun 2008, 10:42 pm »
Well, that's sounds like a bit of a PITA, but at least you didn't have to mail the unit to another country to get the update, OR it locked up after the update and would only allow you to play "G" rated movies about puppy dogs.  :lol:

Bob