VMPS Super Tower III help?

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Re: VMPS Super Tower III help?
« Reply #40 on: 22 Nov 2019, 02:12 am »
Took the two X3914 12" drivers out of storage and they are working correctly from a comparison of their two impedance plots. One graph in green the other in yellow:

T3GTerry

« Reply #41 on: 2 Dec 2019, 11:22 pm »
Thank you sir.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #42 on: 20 Dec 2019, 02:33 am »
Sent the 3 drivers to T3GTerry and he has them for the STIII rework.

T3GTerry

« Reply #43 on: 20 Dec 2019, 02:58 am »
Yessir. I got em and they are humming along just fine. Thank you again sir.

davidc1

« Reply #44 on: 3 May 2022, 08:18 pm »
I know this is old, but...

I just bought a pair of ST III/SE and have been checking out the wiring as I got all  the Focal T-120's new surrounds as well as the smooth 10" woofers.

The resistors in my speakers are wired one in series and one in parallel with the RIBBED 10" woofer. So, James said the post of Stimpy is correct (#7), and the OP's (#28) is not, but he has the resistors as connected to the smooth woofer. My guess is Stimpy's labeling of the smooth and ribbed woofer is incorrect simply because the ribbed one is on top of the smooth one and he has them labeled the opposite. Do you all agree?

Also, my wiring matches the OP's however I do think my speakers had been worked on at some point. My crossovers are very well soldered and neat, so I'm thinking Brian did them, but one of the white 15" woofers has the sound absorbing stuff on the basket, but the other doesn't.

Also, the Focal tweeters, while electrically wired the same as the OP's, are physically placed in different order in the left vs the right cabinet.

Thanks for anyone's comments!!

davidc1

« Reply #45 on: 21 Mar 2024, 03:29 am »
Yessir. I got em and they are humming along just fine. Thank you again sir.

Hi Terry, I'm also fixing up my ST III's, and I am reading this thread closely. Can you answer two questions for me:

!. Which pictures of the schematic turned out to be correct?

2. Can you please tell me if your woofers are all the same polarity by touching a 1.5V or 9V battery to the main input terminals and if all woofers move in the same direction?

I followed the schematic James Romelyn said was the correct one (he said post #7, and I assume he meant post #8 for the woofers as well). But following post #8 puts my 15" woofer in the opposite phase of the 2 10's and the 12".

Can you help me out?