Pacific Audio Fest moved to 2022

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
Pacific Audio Fest moved to 2022
« on: 16 Apr 2021, 10:50 pm »
To all our friends in the hifi community,

With much heartache, Gary and I have decided to postpone the inaugural Pacific Audio Fest until 2022. This Wed morning we woke up to hear that Gov. Inslee had to roll back the reopening status for three counties in Washington state. This was a wake up call to the increasingly uncertain trajectory of finding our way out of the pandemic.

Up until very recently, it looked promising that we would be able to have the show as scheduled. We were looking forward to making PAF a fun, safe, and successful show for all involved. Unfortunately, given the current state of the pandemic and the uncertainty surrounding it, it has become clear that we may not be able to achieve these goals, and rather than risk the safety, time and finances of our supporters we must make this difficult choice.

We truly appreciate all the support and enthusiasm each of you has all shown for the Pacific Audio Fest. We made this decision after speaking with many of you about your concerns, and we thank you for sharing your candid feedback with us, and we are very appreciative of the support we have had in both this tough decision and for the show in 2022. EVERYBODY has stayed the course with us and we will work tirelessly to make this the best show for all.

As we’ve assured you all from the beginning, you will receive a full refund of your deposits and have the right of first refusal on the rooms and ads you previously selected. If you would like to roll your existing deposit forward, please let us know and we’d be happy to lock in your rate for 2022.

We are working with the hotel to shift our contract to similar dates in 2022, and as soon as those are locked in we will let everyone know.

For some of you, this may come as a relief; for others, perhaps not. We hope that no one feels they have wasted any effort or time with this. Know that you have all helped lay the groundwork for an amazing new show in 2022.

I am hoarse from talking about this with our exhibitors the past two days, and am encouraged by the connection and heart of the hifi audio community. Because of each of you, this hard and sad decision has turned into a feeling of resolve and belonging.  Thank you and we look forward to when we can all gather to laugh and enjoy music together in the company of friends. 

Until then, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us as we continue to build this show.

Lou Hinkley & Gary Gill

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Re: Pacific Audio Fest moved to 2022
« Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2021, 04:47 pm »
Lou, sorry to hear this for everyone's sake. The effort put forth by you & Gary, the exhibitors, & all. Tough decision, but probably best for all given the current uncertainties. Will look forward to having our own regional top notch show in 2022.

JD

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #2 on: 17 Apr 2021, 04:57 pm »
I hope all the time and effort you’ve put into the show this year will make years show an even bigger success!

nature boy

« Reply #3 on: 17 Apr 2021, 07:59 pm »
Lou and Gary,

I'm so very sorry to hear this news. Thank you both for all of your efforts to try and pull off PAF this year. I hope you're able to work with the hotel in moving the date without added expense to you. I'm looking forward to heading out in 2022.

NB

Spatial Audio

• Industry Contributor
    • Spatial Audio Lab
« Reply #4 on: 17 Apr 2021, 10:08 pm »
Lou and Gary,

Thank you for all your efforts and we look forward to next years show. Spatial is fully supportive of your show going forward.

Clayton Shaw
Spatial Audio Lab
spatialaudio.us

mjalazard

« Reply #5 on: 17 Apr 2021, 11:42 pm »
Lou,
We'll make the 2022 show a barnburner!
This will give me time to complete a full set of NFS Audio CD's for the show!
Mike Alazard

advanced101

« Reply #6 on: 18 Apr 2021, 12:15 pm »
Definitely heartbreaking.  Thank you for the effort putting this together, see you in 2022.

JakeJ

« Reply #7 on: 18 Apr 2021, 07:10 pm »
Sorry it came to this but really, I'm not surprised.  Looking forward to the next opportunity.  :thumb:

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
« Reply #8 on: 20 Apr 2021, 05:32 pm »
Thanks for all the support! :thumb:

EVERY exhibitor has been awesome and all are on board for 2022.

The hotel has also been great and we have our dates and a new contract. (July 29-31 2022).

I anticipate adding the 12th floor which will bring us to about 88 rooms total and that will be the limit.  My guess is we will be sold out by December.

It is hard to wait another year, I've already put 18 months of work on this, but it will be a great show.  Gary and I are not slowing down and will keep promoting and developing new features for the show.

I hope to see everyone at CAF this November and PAF next summer.

Thanks much!
Lou

Bones13

« Reply #9 on: 20 Apr 2021, 08:53 pm »
Sorry to hear Lou. My kids are doing too much this year for me to have made it.

One is moving to Seattle to work in Redmond though, so getting there next summer might work out.

This pandemic has certainly been terrible on all kinds of fronts.