Re: GR Research Build Threads
« Reply #40 on: 6 Jan 2022, 09:40 pm »
Mini build with my Granddaughter.

JCarney

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=177906.0

oneartist

« Reply #41 on: 2 Feb 2022, 03:02 pm »
The Lyngdorf MP60 2.1 pulled everything together. I built the cabinet to nestle the 65" screen between my 3.6 Magnepan planers which need the power of the Musical Fidelity M8 500. I also built the GR Research W/Frame Rythmik powered Open Baffle subs to go with the white look.
The W/Frame subs have worked fine for music but movie bass would often make them bottom out and blow off the covers. The RoomPerfect software has eliminated the problem. Now the subs can handle anything, no bottoming.
Using the RoomPerfect guide, I went all the way to 100% correction with 13 mic positions. There are Magnepan 1.7's on the sides and MC1's in the rear.
The audio realism is just what I was hoping for. Even though the MP60 is an expensive upgrade, I wanted the  Open Baffle GR Research people to hear what the MP60 can do for their subs. PS I know how to get a much better price on the MP60 2.1.

Bavillusme

« Reply #42 on: 13 Feb 2022, 11:24 pm »
Mini build with my Granddaughter.

JCarney

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=177906.0

BVery nice indeed!!
I've been talking to Danny about an index of sorts linking individual build threads for all things GR Research. A sticky master thread kind of thing.  I suspect many would find them helpful in their own builds, but many are buried in the archives. Folks with existing threads are encouraged to LINK them here. It's not intended to be a massive compilation but rather a jumping off spot. I'll start if off with examples done over the years.

Bavillusme

« Reply #43 on: 13 Feb 2022, 11:27 pm »
My LS-9's which have held up well over the years, a killer Line Array, but no easy build task.  Too bad they are discontinued!  I power them with Emotiva gear - XMC-1 Processor and (2) XPR-1 amps. 
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=80580.msg771669#msg771669
Are there people out there that can actually complete Danny's DIY kits for guys like me that are not handy?  I love the idea of quality made, instead of the meet the price point thing.  I am new here, so bare with me.

Guchee2

« Reply #45 on: 14 Feb 2022, 04:34 pm »
Hello Danny/Hobbs,
I am a newbie as a registered member & need your help in establishing the requirements in being able to access, search & joing forums...I can't see or i am not looking at the right place for the Trading Post?! Love what you guys do & have fired up the flame for my love for good to better HiFi sounds at like Danny always says "that are a bargain base prices, i say that it benefits me coz what you offer "won't break the bank" but definitely make the mediocre better! Thank you.

adminRH

• Admin
« Reply #46 on: 14 Feb 2022, 10:26 pm »
Welcome to AudioCircle, Guchee!

You will automatically gain access to search, trading post and PMs after you have made 3 moderated posts. They can be in any circles.

For your own safety, please remove your phone number from your profile's "personal text."

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #47 on: 15 Feb 2022, 01:51 am »
Hello Danny/Hobbs,
I am a newbie as a registered member & need your help in establishing the requirements in being able to access, search & joing forums...I can't see or i am not looking at the right place for the Trading Post?! Love what you guys do & have fired up the flame for my love for good to better HiFi sounds at like Danny always says "that are a bargain base prices, i say that it benefits me coz what you offer "won't break the bank" but definitely make the mediocre better! Thank you.

Heya and welcome to AC!
You can find ghe trading post here:
https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=109.0

OCityruxer

• Nx Studio w/upgrades
« Reply #48 on: 15 Feb 2022, 02:09 am »
I’ve been pining for a decent Hifi system for decades. Finally in a place where I can make it happen.  A do it yourselfer with a medium budget intending to leverage that into a pretty decent system. I think that describes the middle class skill set. Just received my NX Studio flat pack and awaiting the kit as well as the speaker cable.

JCarney

« Reply #49 on: 15 Feb 2022, 02:24 am »
Thanks for the compliment Bavillusme, much appreciated. She had fun, learned she likes soldering stuff as well as building stuff. The little amp driving the speakers are hooked up to the tv and they use some amazon thing for music usually. They are used daily from what I can tell.

JCarney

JCarney

« Reply #50 on: 15 Feb 2022, 03:24 pm »
Hey Bavillusme, you asked mlundy if he can finish cabinets. Well, he can, and here is where you can read about it. https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=164355.0. Best of luck in your search.

JCarney

Rock Ball

« Reply #51 on: 21 Feb 2022, 02:37 pm »
Hi y'all. My original vision on starting this thread was to build an index to make it easier to find relevant build threads for everybody's reference. It's not mine to control but I would humbly request that it remain true to that vision.

Discussion would ideally be within the referenced threads themselves or begin a new one. Any new posts in old threads will pop to the top so they'll be visible. If you want to post photos of your work, there's another sticky just for that. If we continue down the path of turning this into yet another meandering hodge-podge, the point of having an index is lost. If I could prune it, I would.

Help me out here, so that this one sticky can remain tightly focused on it's original point...to provide an easy reference for all, now and in the future. I'm climbing off my soapbox now.

I liked Peter's original vision for this thread.

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
« Reply #52 on: 22 Feb 2022, 01:32 am »
Here was my NX-Studio build.

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=178967.0

Some decent tips on painting process and burning in crossovers. Hopefully it's helpful to some. :thumb:

BikeFi10

« Reply #53 on: 10 Mar 2022, 04:12 pm »
Corndog71, best finish combo Ive seen on XStatics. That has to be solid wood for the front baffle. Im going that route if I can find a thick slab of wood like that.

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #54 on: 10 Mar 2022, 06:10 pm »
Corndog71, best finish combo Ive seen on XStatics. That has to be solid wood for the front baffle. Im going that route if I can find a thick slab of wood like that.

Sorry to disappoint but my X-Statiks were built in a factory down in Colombia for AV123.  That is a real wood veneer though. 

tortoiseman2542

« Reply #55 on: 10 Mar 2022, 07:12 pm »
Sorry to disappoint but my X-Statiks were built in a factory down in Colombia for AV123.  That is a real wood veneer though.

That would be AV123 speakers in what they called “Moho Natural”. That is definitely my all time favorite veneers.  Corndog71’s is a great example is that.

Robert

VasjaG

• Try to be a good listener...:-)
« Reply #56 on: 23 Mar 2022, 07:47 am »
Hello, as admin said, let start. Few months ago, I've ordered Danys X-LS. So after changing US units in metric I've ordered MDFs and send them to friend on CNC. So Befor pruduction some visualisations!

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #57 on: 23 Mar 2022, 01:48 pm »
Hello, as admin said, let start. Few months ago, I've ordered Danys X-LS. So after changing US units in metric I've ordered MDFs and send them to friend on CNC. So Befor pruduction some visualisations!

VasjaG, it appears you're wanting to make a build thread here. Please don't. The intention was of this thread was LINK to your thread that resides within the main body of the GR Research Circle. Thus it would provide an index for future builders.  Unfortunately it has run amok of late and is destined to become a bigger mess and less of a reference if we continue down this path. The idea is a good one, but it takes the group to make it work.

Danny or Hobbs, can you prune this thread and remove the chaff?

wb

« Reply #58 on: 23 Mar 2022, 06:38 pm »

Adr1an

« Reply #59 on: 4 May 2022, 10:36 am »
My NX-Tremes so far.

They just need to be lined with no res and wired.