Anyone listen to the new Patricia Barber Mythologies?

alwayslearning

Short downloads are hard to figure out.

Does anyone have impressions about her latest work, Mythologies?  I know it's developed from her Guggenheim fellowship, and it's based on Ovid's Metamorphoses.  But how does it sound?  Is it moving?

DARTH AUDIO

Re: Anyone listen to the new Patricia Barber Mythologies?
« Reply #1 on: 16 Aug 2006, 04:10 pm »
Why don't you buy it and tell all of us how it is!!  :lol:Based on all her other albums, this should be a good one. I'll see if she plays any of the new stuff when I check her out at the Green Mill here in Chicago.
« Last Edit: 16 Aug 2006, 05:16 pm by DARTH AUDIO »

alwayslearning

« Reply #2 on: 16 Aug 2006, 04:33 pm »
I will probably buy it, as I have most of her other CD's.  Sadly though, I don't have unlimited funds. 

I thought it would make sense to get a few impressions from others.  Damn it would be great to be rich, eh?

R_burke

« Reply #3 on: 16 Aug 2006, 04:59 pm »
I've only heard it via my computer, but based on that and her other releases I plan on buying it soon

DARTH AUDIO

« Reply #4 on: 16 Aug 2006, 05:19 pm »
I will probably buy it, as I have most of her other CD's.  Sadly though, I don't have unlimited funds. 

I thought it would make sense to get a few impressions from others.  Damn it would be great to be rich, eh?

It doesn't suck :icon_lol:

Gordy

« Reply #5 on: 16 Aug 2006, 07:12 pm »
I just received this today in the AMG weekly newsletter, sounds very intereting!!!

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:10dnvwxea9uk~T1

DavidS

« Reply #6 on: 17 Aug 2006, 04:57 am »
I picked it up today.  One listen but very impressed - almost a rock sounding album as much as anywhere near jazz.  Also on one listen I am thinking this might be the best sounding cd I have in my collection - especially for the drum sound that is always a hilite on Patricia Barber Quartet records (and live).  If not its up there with the best in my collection.  I know Patricia can be an acquired taste but if you like her stuff you should like this one.

David

alwayslearning

« Reply #7 on: 17 Aug 2006, 02:16 pm »
It seems like it's time to reinvest in another CD.  Thanks,