Netflix: What to watch?

soundbitten1

Re: Netflix: What to watch?
« Reply #120 on: 5 Apr 2015, 10:19 pm »
Peep Show, a British comedy that's hilarious. I'm up to season 5 now.

roscoeiii

« Reply #121 on: 5 Apr 2015, 10:50 pm »
Loving Peaky Blinders. Thanks to those on this thread who recommended it.

brother love

« Reply #122 on: 5 Apr 2015, 11:15 pm »
Loving Peaky Blinders. Thanks to those on this thread who recommended it.

Same here. Just finished the 1st 2 seasons & it was engrossing/ entertaining.

Also finished the 3rd season of the American version of House of Cards. It sucked IMO (1st 2 seasons were excellent tho').

The Killing, Happy Valley, & Broadchurch are all good (but depressing subject matter).  Longmire is good too.

roscoeiii

« Reply #123 on: 5 Apr 2015, 11:19 pm »
Struggling through season 3 of House of Cards too.

asliarun

« Reply #124 on: 6 Apr 2015, 02:14 am »
Documentaries! I have been on a food kick for a while. Kings Of Pastry and Somm are the diametric opposite of a reality show format. Both are about a brutally tough exam, and it is remarkable to see how in reality, there is so much camaraderie among the competitors. Instead of the backbiting and bitching and connivery that reality TV shows would rather have you believe.

Then there is Jiro Dreams of Sushi which is about a person who has a savant like devotion to making sushi. Very Japanese, very zen. In India, where I am from, we sometimes call them karma-yogi. A person who derives or finds the meaning of life through their actions and through their pursuit of perfection.

ajzepp

« Reply #125 on: 6 Apr 2015, 03:34 pm »
Peep Show, a British comedy that's hilarious. I'm up to season 5 now.

I'm on S2...good call...very funny show

wushuliu

« Reply #126 on: 18 Apr 2015, 01:55 pm »
Then there is Jiro Dreams of Sushi which is about a person who has a savant like devotion to making sushi. Very Japanese, very zen. In India, where I am from, we sometimes call them karma-yogi. A person who derives or finds the meaning of life through their actions and through their pursuit of perfection.

Yes, Jiro is one of the best docs I've seen in recent years. I've seen it twice now and want to see it again. 5 stars isn't enough.

wushuliu

« Reply #127 on: 18 Apr 2015, 01:56 pm »
Really enjoyed Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt...

brother love

« Reply #128 on: 18 Apr 2015, 02:48 pm »

Ditto.  My wife & I were singing the theme song well after we finished the 1st season. Jon Hamm's role was funny as hell. His guest spot in the 30 Rock episode "The Bubble" is classic. Which brings up another choice to watch on Netflix ... 30 Rock is very good. Razor sharp wit.  Tina Fey is comedy genius to me.

soundbitten1

« Reply #129 on: 18 Apr 2015, 04:31 pm »
Watching the original British "House Of Cards". So far, so good.

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
« Reply #130 on: 18 Apr 2015, 04:39 pm »
Peaky Blinders....

jazzcourier

« Reply #131 on: 18 Apr 2015, 11:04 pm »
This is not on streaming...."The Missing"  Just finished first two episodes....Excellent drama about a child abduction.This one is on two discs!

ajzepp

« Reply #132 on: 25 Apr 2015, 12:16 pm »

lol, we're like diametrically opposed in terms of taste. I absolutely hated the first episode of that show.

ajzepp

« Reply #133 on: 25 Apr 2015, 12:17 pm »
Peaky Blinders....

I was thinking about this one...is there anything you can compare it to?

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #134 on: 6 May 2015, 07:40 pm »
Streamed "The World Made Straight" last night. Gritty Southern tragedy with a muttering problem. Nonetheless, there is enough intelligible dialogue to keep you in the story. Story is good, concept intriguing, and soundtrack engrossing. Represents a workout for our subs.

stlrman

« Reply #135 on: 20 May 2015, 05:02 pm »
I liked Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, the wife not so much.
Don't miss the movie, Blue Ruin, it's great!!! :thumb:
I really enjoyed the documentary series Chef's Table about some of the greatest Chefs / Restaurants  in the world.
I will give the new show called Grace and Frankie a shot. Starring Jane Fonda and Lilly Tomlin.

persisting1

« Reply #136 on: 20 May 2015, 09:35 pm »
I really wanted to like Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, but it unfortunately did not turn out that way.

ajzepp

« Reply #137 on: 21 May 2015, 05:07 am »
I wanted to like it too, cause I love that one girl who was on The Office...but after the first episode I had to bail. Way too cheesy for me.

Scott F.

« Reply #138 on: 22 May 2015, 01:15 am »
Although it's not Netflix, it's Amazon Prime, you guys really need to watch Sound City.

http://www.amazon.com/Sound-City-Real-Reel-Amaray/dp/B00B2YH7D6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1432256996&sr=8-2&keywords=sound+city

As music lovers, everybody will enjoy this documentary by Dave Grohl (Nirvana/Foo Fighters)

:thumb: :thumb: WAY up!

stlrman

« Reply #139 on: 3 Sep 2015, 09:25 pm »
Narcos looks like it might be great . 9.3 on Imdb.
Anybody check it out yet?