LIFEFORCE: Listening Impressions II

aurelius

Re: LIFEFORCE: Listening Impressions II
« Reply #100 on: 13 May 2008, 03:40 am »
I really have to stop developing amplifiers.  It costs too much and it's taken over my life......

Other similarly credible quotes in history:

I really must stop making love to women. It costs too much and it's taken over my life... : Cassinova
You can't be too humble or modest... : Paris Hilton
I think maybe taking innocent life en mass is too much and Alah would not approve... : Osama BL

You know you're a little obsessive Mr Dean.  You will be designing amplifiers to the day you drop [touch wood]

AKSA

« Reply #101 on: 13 May 2008, 04:11 am »
Mark,

For people of average intellect, the only way to be successful at anything is to work very hard, and arrive at success by dogged iteration.

Given that I'm essentially a lazy bugger, what drives me is passion.....  it's the only way I know to get past the inertia of laziness.

I would respond to those august quotes with, 'Nothing succeeds like excess'.

However, lest I get big headed about all this, I'm consoled by the notion that the better a product, the less commercial success it enjoys.  This propels me towards marketing, perhaps the very worst of my skills!!

Just received a LARGE package from Wayne Waananen, inside is a DUET with VH Caps - can you imagine?  With Supermart's help, we've just loaded 303Gb of flac files onto our 1Tb HDDs, so this should greatly expand my musical enjoyment.....

THANK YOU WAYNE, AND IT'S MY 57TH BIRTHDAY, TOO!!

Cheers,

Hugh

Sparkie

« Reply #102 on: 13 May 2008, 04:27 am »
Hi All,

I called to see Laurie at Ringwood yesterday as he has not been living on the Mornington Peninsula due to illness. He appears to be too much like Hugh, always striving to get the best out of the speakers with "passion". What a team! THe VSonics have been improved yet again with some sort of specially designed cross over. I think that they will be more than able (they were brilliant anyway but are now awesome) to faithfully reproduce to the fullest anything the new amps can push into them. What a system, truly top shelf beyond doubt. Go to it boys and sell, sell, sell.

Have fun,

barry.

AKSA

« Reply #103 on: 13 May 2008, 04:33 am »
Barry,

can't sell, sell, sell, because everytime the curtain goes up on the product, the actors have all disappeared, to learn new lines for the next version!!

Laurie is a worry on this score, it's infuriating, but very nice.  Haven't heard the latest, to be frank, was always VERY happy with the penultimate version.   :drool:

Cheers,

Hugh

Sparkie

« Reply #104 on: 13 May 2008, 04:44 am »
Hugh,

The production speakers are just fine. I believe a few pairs are to go to customers soon. I would be proud to own them. I think that Laurie is just stretching the envelope for his own satisfaction.

Barry.

kyrill

a rambling
« Reply #105 on: 13 May 2008, 09:12 am »
i support the knowing that not my paws but our mind is creating the structure of our (future) experiences
it is also not our wishes or longings of the heart that create our mind, unless.
it is what we feel to be true, in spite of our (dearest) hopes
day in day out
that makes up our mind
i must change my mind
there is this bone...

the ramblings of my Afghan dog Gaudi when i thought i could hear him

BTW

Congrat Hugh, have a big hug from me :D
« Last Edit: 13 May 2008, 09:55 am by kyrill »

AKSA

« Reply #106 on: 13 May 2008, 11:23 am »
Ah, Kyrill,

That beautiful animal has no creative thoughts except devotion to his master, and my, he looks WONDERFUL!!  An ornament - aren't animals perfect creatures?  Perhaps the fact they do not have tongues?  Could that be it?

Cheers,

Hugh

Jens

« Reply #107 on: 13 May 2008, 01:05 pm »
Congratulations, Hugh! Having a feast today, or .... ?  :wink: :birthday:

Felipe

« Reply #108 on: 13 May 2008, 02:43 pm »
:wine: :wine: Well...congratulations on the 57th birthday !!!  :birthday: :wine: :wine:

I must say that for a lazy guy, you have more achievments than many! I would have to consider someone prety modest to say he's lazy when you pretty much are known all over the world for making so many people happy. I consider you to be a "joy" spreader, thats a pretty big achievment to me.  :thumb:

Whats a DUET ? I am kinda lame on tech these days...all i see is SAP and "caipirinha" !!  :green:
I am not in Rio or S.Paulo. I am located in Salvador, Bahia. Its a big city, but far from industrialized. The most high end gadget they have here is an iPod, and their idea of good stereo system has SONY written on it and is sold in supermarkets. (Yes...supermarkets, same place where you buy food).
So audio projects here, have been set aside, as i cannot source materials and time is very very short. I prefer to enjoy the beach now, as in July i will be returning home!

How is your co-project for the Squeezebox doing with Wayne? Is he selling them with you supply reg ?
Best wishes,
Filipe

gaetan8888

« Reply #109 on: 13 May 2008, 04:06 pm »
IT'S MY 57TH BIRTHDAY, TOO!!

Cheers,

Hugh

Hello Hugh

Happy Birthday :birthday: :beer:

whubbard

« Reply #110 on: 14 May 2008, 03:20 am »
Happy Birthday Hugh.
 :birthday:

Hopefully you took the day off to relax!
 :sleep: :sleep:

West

rabbitz

« Reply #111 on: 14 May 2008, 01:30 pm »
Hopefully you took the day off to relax!
 :sleep: :sleep:

West

As if!  aa

I hope you had a good one Hugh even though you didn't relax.

Cheers
Peter

AKSA

« Reply #112 on: 14 May 2008, 10:44 pm »
Thank you Folks,

Really appreciated - and on DIYaudio I received many greetings too, it's bowled me over, all this good cheer..... there are times when this game seems terribly solitary and it gave me a much needed boost!!

I cannot stop my work, even if I wanted to.  Worked all through yesterday.  I love it so much, but like all such people I tend to do only the things I want to do, leaving much undone, a problem....  Like the Orion power supply, hey West!  After the abuse I copped on the OUG, I just dropped it as though it was radioactive, a pity.

Big day, today.  Meeting up with Ben Williams (Tinker) at his University this afternoon.  Much to discuss!!

Thanks again, guys,

Cheers,

Hugh

Seano

« Reply #113 on: 14 May 2008, 11:11 pm »
Big day, today.  Meeting up with Ben Williams (Tinker) at his University this afternoon.  Much to discuss!!

DAKSA! DAKSA! DAKSA!?

For a real challenge, how about a music server that works? A CD version of a PVR with a 1TB hard drive........or do they call that a Transporter?

Happy birthday by the way!!

stvnharr

« Reply #114 on: 15 May 2008, 05:41 am »
Thank you Folks,

Really appreciated - and on DIYaudio I received many greetings too, it's bowled me over, all this good cheer..... there are times when this game seems terribly solitary and it gave me a much needed boost!!

I cannot stop my work, even if I wanted to.  Worked all through yesterday.  I love it so much, but like all such people I tend to do only the things I want to do, leaving much undone, a problem....  Like the Orion power supply, hey West!  After the abuse I copped on the OUG, I just dropped it as though it was radioactive, a pity.

Thanks again, guys,

Cheers,

Hugh

Hugh,
You didn't make a big fuss over your birthday and all, other than emailing?
Wish I could get away with that.
Although I must admit, most of you dinners are like birthday feasts.  So, I'm sure you had something to replenish yourself after that hard day of slaving away at things you like to do!!!! 

Steve

whubbard

« Reply #115 on: 15 May 2008, 05:56 am »
Like the Orion power supply, hey West!  After the abuse I copped on the OUG, I just dropped it as though it was radioactive, a pity.

I was reminded of your wonderful supplies by peter today (not that it hasn't been in my head) when he explained how he was using them with his ASP, and also as if I didn't know, he made sure to point out how wonderful they sounded!!! Very cruel on peters part, brought tears to my eyes. :cry: I know you must have one buried in your workspace! Even if I have to come down to australia to find it...one day I will have one of your supplies...one day!

It must be nice though waking up every morning and just loving what you do all day. I can't think of anything better (other than getting my hands on your power supplies).

-West

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #116 on: 15 May 2008, 06:26 am »
Hello Hugh....

Sorry I'm a little late (work has been very busy).....
but better late than never..... :beer:

See you in Denver.....
                                 Chris

AKSA

« Reply #117 on: 15 May 2008, 01:04 pm »
Thanks Seano, West, Steve and Chris,

My golly, worth waiting for!!

Perhaps I can see ALL of you in Denver??  You too, Seano?

Chris, don't work too hard, and DON'T LOOK DOWN!!

Cheers,

Hugh

AKSA

« Reply #118 on: 20 Oct 2009, 10:54 am »
Folks,

A guy in Holland, Hans, is considering buying a LF100.  Can anyone here who owns one, or has heard one, give Hans some idea of what to expect and whether it is worth the asking price?

He is a seasoned audiophile, I believe in his middle years, and has been searching for something that neither drives and ice pick into his ear nor offers poor resolution and/or imaging.

I will withdraw from this thread;  please say exactly what you feel, good or bad.  I'm confident in the product, but naturally, it's my baby!

Thanks in advance,

Hugh

andyr

« Reply #119 on: 20 Oct 2009, 11:10 am »

Folks,

A guy in Holland, Hans, is considering buying a LF100.  Can anyone here who owns one, or has heard one, give Hans some idea of what to expect and whether it is worth the asking price?

Thanks in advance,

Hugh

Hi Hugh,

How will our comments reach Hans ... does he lurk here?  :?

Regards,

Andy