Elsdon Wonfor Audio cables

cd45123

Elsdon Wonfor Audio cables
« on: 13 Feb 2022, 10:45 am »
I just want to preface this with, I have owned a few popular brands of cables. Even the ‘giant killer’ speaker cable that some think is a ‘product of the decade’.

I read a Tellurium Q Black II review a couple years back on The Sound Advocate and in the comment section. The original designer, Colin Wonfor, chimes in saying that he’s parted ways with TQ and has another company. Turns out there’s a lot more to it than that.

Anyway, I look at this site, the cables seem fairly priced for what they’re offering, but didn’t think much of it.

This fall I saw they had an entry level range that was ridiculously inexpensive, so I get the sc/ic. It was pretty good, really surprised me. Bettered stuff from Kirmuss, Silnote, some single crystal Japanese cable I have, and a few others.

I decide to order their LS-25/IC-25 sc/ic cables, it’s been a week since they arrived and I haven’t swapped them back and forth with anything because they are clearly so much better. More insightful, fantastic separation, no bass hump, just pure detail, no edge, I’m hearing deeper into the music than I ever have and this is near the bottom half of their range.

Anyway, I’d urge anyone here to try their speaker cables and interconnects. They’re extremely impressive and have knocked down a couple other giant killers that I own.

richidoo

Re: Elsdon Wonfor Audio cables
« Reply #1 on: 13 Feb 2022, 04:20 pm »
Nice review. Made me curious.

https://www.abcaudio.biz/

also on fascbook

xsb7244

« Reply #2 on: 13 Feb 2022, 09:14 pm »

cd45123

« Reply #3 on: 13 Feb 2022, 09:46 pm »
One thing I forgot to mention, I spoke with Alan who runs ABC Audio and helps Colin get his designs out there. The current runs they have of the ls-25, ls-40, ls-80 now incorporate what they could from the new cable design. He wanted to do this to avoid a massive trade in program, but will release the new cables later this year, maybe next.

There will be interconnect and power cords to tie in with the 25/40/80 ranges.

He also told me that after the update of the current cables with some of the new cable tech that he thinks the ls-40 is incrementally better than ls-25, but the ls-80 is a major step up.

Not the right forum, but just wanted to mention that Colin designs amps. I’m hoping to try out the M-50 stack this year.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #4 on: 13 Feb 2022, 11:43 pm »
Not the right forum, but just wanted to mention that Colin designs amps. I’m hoping to try out the M-50 stack this year.

:lol:

I almost posted something similar earlier today.
He has been designing good amplifiers for a long time  :thumb: ; I had a Magnum Audio integrated many years ago.