RMAF 2012 - Final Thoughts (Tyson & Pez)

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
Re: RMAF 2012 - Final Thoughts (Tyson & Pez)
« Reply #20 on: 15 Oct 2012, 02:23 pm »

A BIG Thanks for your hard effort. For those of us not able to attend, your coverage brought it that much closer to home.   :wink:

Now all we have to do is try and translate your personal tastes and preferences to what would be important to each of us.

Rocket_Ronny

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #21 on: 15 Oct 2012, 02:25 pm »
Judging by the 3,000+ views for each day of reporting,  I have to say that your fellow Audiocircle members REALLY like your efforts.
Good point. In their three main review threads there are presently 9300 views. That speaks volumes.  :thumb:

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #22 on: 15 Oct 2012, 02:58 pm »
Well done!! :notworthy: Excellent photos, witty and forthright commentary caught me laughing out loud occasionally. I didn't realize the logistics required to do the job. You needed a mule to carry all that stuff around. Thanks for the photo of yourselves.  :thumb:

...Roy

Regnad

« Reply #23 on: 15 Oct 2012, 06:22 pm »
Just wonderful    Thanks!

michaelhigh

« Reply #24 on: 15 Oct 2012, 07:40 pm »
I'm already planning to go next year, and I'm taking an artist friend that needs a lesson in speaker placement (!). Your coverage was the vehicle that made me realize what I'd missed this year and in past years as well. I'm definitely going next year, and hope to spot youse then. I won't involve the two of you in a big pointless discussion of vinyl versus digital or anything timeconsuming, but maybe we can enjoy some music together for a minute or 2! Thanks again for your efforts, and already I'm looking forward to Googling RMAF 2013 and getting the advance info! :thumb:

Cheeseboy

« Reply #25 on: 15 Oct 2012, 09:44 pm »
Two Thumbs Up.  You guys were the best of show! 

The planning and excecution was a cut above everything else I read about RMAF.  It was better than the Pro writers in my opinion.

Thank you so much.

david12

« Reply #26 on: 15 Oct 2012, 09:45 pm »
 A word from your European readers guys. I made it to RMAF just once, in 09 and I'll never make it again. It is just too costly and time consuming, to get there from the UK. I have'nt been to Munich, but RMAF has to have been my best show experience, the friendliness, sheer size and variety of kit.

I agree with you, every HiFi nut should attend once in your life. Failing that your coverage gives a real impression of the sheer size and life in the event, that other reports, good as they maybe, don't. The difference I am sure is doing it all in realtime. It gives us a surrogate experience for being there ourselves.

You don't comment on the Software room, but I really was struck when I came, how few vendors of CDs and vinyl there were.

Thanks again David

Donald

« Reply #27 on: 15 Oct 2012, 09:48 pm »
Two Thumbs Up.  You guys were the best of show! 

The planning and excecution was a cut above everything else I read about RMAF.  It was better than the Pro writers in my opinion.

Thank you so much.

That about sums it up. Well said Cheeseboy! :D :D

TheChairGuy

« Reply #28 on: 15 Oct 2012, 11:04 pm »
Real good, guys....but, don't get too frackin' SWELL-HEADED about it!

{kidding} :) Loved the coverage; like being there all over again.

django11

• Canuckistani
« Reply #29 on: 15 Oct 2012, 11:32 pm »
Did anyone mention superb photos and witty commentary?

finsup

« Reply #30 on: 15 Oct 2012, 11:38 pm »
Great job, guys!  the real-time commentary was a true plus this year.

And Dave Cawley -- welcome to AC!

Zero

« Reply #31 on: 15 Oct 2012, 11:39 pm »
Awesome stuff.  Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with those of us who were unable to attend.

Mudslide

« Reply #32 on: 15 Oct 2012, 11:42 pm »
Guys,

Many thanks for sharing your efforts with those of us who could not attend.  Great job.

Mud

kp93300

« Reply #33 on: 16 Oct 2012, 12:30 am »
Hi Tyson and Pez
The coverage of the RMAF is much appreciated. 
I am from the other side of the world and i can feel the excitement  of the RMAF. !
Thanks
kp93300

Hogg

« Reply #34 on: 16 Oct 2012, 01:39 am »
Gentlemen,

Many thanks for the coverage.  Both the pics and commentary were excellent.

Jim

tull skull

• I can't send hare in search of anything!
« Reply #35 on: 16 Oct 2012, 01:56 am »
Thank you so much for your efforts. you did a great job!.
Hey I had this idea bonking around in my head and wondered what you would think. I realize it would be a BIG pain in the butt and very exasperating but what do you think about trying this out??? Try visiting some rooms blindfolded. Doesn't have to be RMAF but I think it would be very interesting. Maybe go to rooms normally on one day. Have one of you blindfolded the second day and see what happens. Maybe not one of you, maybe you could get a guinea pig who has ears you trust and see how it goes? I think the results would be very fun and fascinating.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #36 on: 16 Oct 2012, 01:58 am »
Thank you so much for your efforts. you did a great job!.
Hey I had this idea bonking around in my head and wondered what you would think. I realize it would be a BIG pain in the butt and very exasperating but what do you think about trying this out??? Try visiting some rooms blindfolded. Doesn't have to be RMAF but I think it would be very interesting. Maybe go to rooms normally on one day. Have one of you blindfolded the second day and see what happens. Maybe not one of you, maybe you could get a guinea pig who has ears you trust and see how it goes? I think the results would be very fun and fascinating.

Thanks for volunteering to do this, we'll be super stoked to meet you at the next RMAF!

ltr317

« Reply #37 on: 16 Oct 2012, 02:05 am »
Pez and Tyson,

I didn't attend this year, but happy you guys are local and go every year.  As usual, excellent coverage and commentary.   :thumb:

Cheers,
Paul Mah

saisunil

« Reply #38 on: 16 Oct 2012, 02:12 am »
That about sums it up. Well said Cheeseboy! :D :D
+1 as long as we keep it in the spirit it was done - a quick impression - not the last word ...

Really appreciate the time and effort you put in for all to enjoy at your expense ...

Super thanks
Sunil

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #39 on: 16 Oct 2012, 02:16 am »
From both me and Jason:

Thank you all!!!!!!!