Treats for the inaugural MAAC music fest!

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #20 on: 24 Oct 2005, 05:18 pm »
NOV 5TH 2PM TO ? IN VIENNA VIRGINIA NEARBY THE METRO AND OAKTON HIGH SCHOOL.  EXACT ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER WILL BE GIVEV OUT VIA PM NEXT WEEK TO THOSE WHO HAVE SENT IN RSVPS.  IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE SPECIFIC QUESTIONS, PLEASE PM ME.

CHEERS,

bunky

« Reply #21 on: 24 Oct 2005, 05:22 pm »
Quote from: smargo
WHERE AND WHEN IS THE MEETING - I NEED THE FULL ADDRESS - I CAN'T LOCATE IT ANYWHERE

THANKS,
SMARGO
pm Woodsyi for more information on the MACC gathering/party at his place in Va.thanks....WCW III

PhilNYC

« Reply #22 on: 24 Oct 2005, 05:31 pm »
FYI - for the NY Audio Rave, we set up a separate email list on Yahoo Groups to make it easier for meeting hosts to distribute addresses/directions/phone numbers.  Also this way, people don't have to post their personal info on a public forum.  You guys might want to think about doing the same thing...

DTB300

« Reply #23 on: 24 Oct 2005, 06:54 pm »
Quote from: woodsyi
EXACT ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBER WILL BE GIVEV OUT VIA PM NEXT WEEK TO THOSE WHO HAVE SENT IN RSVPS.  

Woodsyi...I am planning to try to come.  Depends on the wife schedule for me.  So put me on the attend list for now.

Dan

Dave G

« Reply #24 on: 24 Oct 2005, 07:10 pm »
Woodsyi,

I plan to be there, probably on the early side.  Thanks much for hosting all of us.  I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone and having the chance to listen to some great audio gear.

I'm also looking forward to sampling your barleywine collection!!   :beer:

Dave

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #25 on: 25 Oct 2005, 12:39 pm »
Quote from: Dave G
Woodsyi,

I'm also looking forward to sampling your barleywine collection!!   :beer:

Dave

I called Sweetwater Tavern and asked them to brew a special vat of Road Kill barley wine -- their strongest at around 13%.  A growler or two and you won't be feeling any pain........ :mrgreen:

Dave G

« Reply #26 on: 25 Oct 2005, 02:13 pm »
I called Sweetwater Tavern and asked them to brew a special vat of Road Kill barley wine -- their strongest at around 13%. A growler or two and you won't be feeling any pain........

Thanks, woodsyi -- just remember to leave some space behind the couch for me to sack out.   :sleep:  :sleep:

Dave

smargo

« Reply #27 on: 26 Oct 2005, 05:16 pm »
Let me know when you guys will start having meetings in baltimore at least - there are 3 of us from se pennsylvania that would be active members but vienna virginia is too much of a schlep.

Better to change the name to the virginia audio society until it is truly mid atlantic

thanks,
smargo

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #28 on: 26 Oct 2005, 05:24 pm »
Let me know when you guys will start having meetings in baltimore at least - there are 3 of us from se pennsylvania that would be active members but vienna virginia is too much of a schlep.

Better to change the name to the virginia audio society until it is truly mid atlantic

thanks,
smargo

Smargo,

I will take that as you volunteering to host the second meeting.  Pick a date and we Virginians will show up to participate in the truly Mid Atlantic Audio Circle.  :wink:

Cheers,

PhilNYC

« Reply #29 on: 26 Oct 2005, 05:49 pm »

I called Sweetwater Tavern and asked them to brew a special vat of Road Kill barley wine -- their strongest at around 13%.  A growler or two and you won't be feeling any pain........ :mrgreen:

I suspect that any gear you play at this gathering is going to sound better and better as the afternoon goes along... :beer:

bunky

« Reply #30 on: 26 Oct 2005, 11:38 pm »

thanks,
smargo
how about the Mason/Dixon audiocircle? the North Carolina Audio circle took a poll to try to change their name to the South East audiocircle at the same time we were forming our circle but could not get the votes.are we already forming into splinter groups before the first gathering? i hope not....WCW III

Joules

« Reply #31 on: 29 Oct 2005, 11:49 pm »
Hey woodsyi - I'm warming up my ears for the up coming MAAC Meeting. Looks like you're putting on a hell of a show. I'll have the Blue Circle BC202 hybrid amplifier, from Phill Lam of Sonic Spirits and I just picked up a pair of H2O 1KW mono block ICE amps. If poeple are interested I could bring them along too. What do you think?

bunky

« Reply #32 on: 30 Oct 2005, 02:25 pm »
Quote from: Joules
Hey woodsyi - I'm warming up my ears for the up coming MAAC Meeting. Looks like you're putting on a hell of a show. I'll have the Blue Circle BC202 hybrid amplifier, from Phill Lam of Sonic Spirits and I just picked up a pair of H2O 1KW mono block ICE amps. If poeple are interested I could bring them along too. What do you think?
Hey Joules, it sounds like a very good idea to me. thanks...WCW III

Merle

• http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/modules.php?op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=albums.php
« Reply #33 on: 31 Oct 2005, 01:23 pm »
I hope it's not too late to RSVP? If not, count me in! Bunky or anyone else around Baltimore, let me know if you need a ride.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #34 on: 31 Oct 2005, 02:30 pm »
OK, I have PMed directions to my house for all those who have sent in RSVP. If I somehow left you out, please post it below or PM me and I will send out directions.  Beers are in the house and short ribs will be marinated soon.  I am looking forward to seeing you all Saturday.  

Cheers,

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #35 on: 2 Nov 2005, 02:22 pm »
What's on tap for the premier of MAAC.

Blind Tests.  Yes, ABX, ABCX, ABCDX, ABCDEX, ABCDEFX...... We will have them.  We will let everyone take in the flavors for a few hours then we will have a shoot out.  Contestants will be blind folded and will be asked to identify each :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen: BEER!  May the best win!

We will also compare Phil's BC202, my Extreme Hurricanes, Joules' H2O ICE amps and my eAR 1001s.  

Oh, and there will be a contest of a sort to see if you can handle my HOT wings if you dare. :flame:  :flame:  Liquid fire extinguishers will be provided.........

See you all Saturday!!!!!!!!! :beer:  :beer:  :beer:

PhilNYC

« Reply #36 on: 2 Nov 2005, 03:33 pm »
Btw - turns out I don't need the BC202 back right away, so if any MAACers are interested in borrowing it to try in their own homes, please let me know...

Also, just wanted to tell you; the BC202 has both single-ended and balanced inputs.  It is VERY IMPORTANT that you do not connect both types of inputs simultaneously!  Doing so will damage the amp.

DTB300

« Reply #37 on: 2 Nov 2005, 05:53 pm »
Oh, and there will be a contest of a sort to see if you can handle my HOT wings if you dare

Wings huh?  Hmmm...being from the original city for Wings, it will be interesting to see your version.  :)

I used to be able to eat wings that were VERY VERY hot (spicy wise).  That way when a bunch of you and your friends were sitting down to eat, I could eat more as others were too busy putting out the fires.   :lol:

Looks like I will be there baring any last minute deterents.

Dan

SWG255

This sounds like it's going to be great
« Reply #38 on: 3 Nov 2005, 11:46 pm »
Hot wings, cool audio and good company, what could be better? Well, don't answer that, this is a family-friendly forum, right? :)

My friend and i will probably arrive around 3:00, earlier if we can swing it.

I'd love to borrow the BC-202 amp, but in all fairness, i can't afford to buy it right now, so I'd better pass. Still, I need an amp eventually...

Merle

• http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/modules.php?op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=albums.php
« Reply #39 on: 4 Nov 2005, 01:09 pm »
Wow, looking at Woodsyi's system, you can only consider it top notch and well thought out. I can't wait to hear it. My reasons are more personal than just hearing a top notch system. I have spent YEARS trying to find componets that really work well together. I think my current system kicks butt. Retail value of my system would be around 7K for everything. Not a budget system but certainly modest by hi-end standards. It has taken me a long time to find gear that will consistantly deliver the emotional impact of music like it should be done. I want to hear what I'm missing. Woodsyi, I'm really looking forward to hearing your system. It should be a real treat for me. Thanks for stepping up and taking the lead on our first meeting.