first set hung

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: first set hung
« Reply #20 on: 16 Mar 2011, 07:09 pm »
I look forward to grabbing my favorite drink of a nice cold water on the rocks with a twist of lemon and reading.

Leadfeathers

« Reply #21 on: 3 Apr 2011, 05:53 pm »
So, how does one go about ordering any of the products shown or discussed here?  Website wasn't very helpful a couple days ago when I looked.
Am interested in some of the diffusors specifically.
Thanks.

Jeff

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #22 on: 3 Apr 2011, 08:40 pm »
So, how does one go about ordering any of the products shown or discussed here?  Website wasn't very helpful a couple days ago when I looked.
Am interested in some of the diffusors specifically.
Thanks.

Jeff
The website sucks and you heard it from me.   :duh:   I have been so busy that I have not had the time to give Clayton everthing that he needs to get it up to date and running.  Send a PM to dBe (me) or ADD (Greg) and we will answer all of your questions.

Dave

Hebrew Hammer

• Industry Participant
  • www.Randall-K.com
« Reply #23 on: 7 Apr 2011, 03:14 pm »
So a funny thing happened... I am borrowing a friends player while mine is away getting modded, and a few nights ago we had a bad storm and I unplugged everything from the wall..

when I plugged them back in and listened, I noticed for whatever reason the DSP engaged... and the "Hall" effect was horrible... so I said to myself, if I can fix this extreme and make it sound decent, it would only make it sound better when its normal... and boy was I right... I thought it was good before... but now it's on a different level...

I also painted them to get ready for the Audio Crawl we are hosting next weekend..

Dave, I may need to get two 2 x 4 normal diffusion made to finish the wall behind the speakers as I need more coverage area me thinks...

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #24 on: 7 Apr 2011, 07:52 pm »
So a funny thing happened... I am borrowing a friends player while mine is away getting modded, and a few nights ago we had a bad storm and I unplugged everything from the wall..

when I plugged them back in and listened, I noticed for whatever reason the DSP engaged... and the "Hall" effect was horrible... so I said to myself, if I can fix this extreme and make it sound decent, it would only make it sound better when its normal... and boy was I right... I thought it was good before... but now it's on a different level...

I also painted them to get ready for the Audio Crawl we are hosting next weekend..

Dave, I may need to get two 2 x 4 normal diffusion made to finish the wall behind the speakers as I need more coverage area me thinks...

It's looking good.  They are integrating into the room nicely.  I would try them on the 45 degree corner cut-offs behind the speakers.  Let us know how the audio crawl turns out.

Dave

gooberdude

« Reply #25 on: 8 Apr 2011, 01:44 am »
Dave, how many more panels & of what size do you recommend?  I'm heading to randy's this weekend & can lend him some ob diffusors.  I have (4) 2x4 & (4) 2x2 panels

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #26 on: 8 Apr 2011, 02:57 am »
Dave, how many more panels & of what size do you recommend?  I'm heading to randy's this weekend & can lend him some ob diffusors.  I have (4) 2x4 & (4) 2x2 panels
I would try the 2x4 stacked in the corners floor to ceiling and then a single panel in each corner moved up and down to check for effect.  I'm thinking that a single panel on each side flush to the ceiling intersection will be almost as good as full coverage in the corner from floor to ceiling.  Hard to tell without being in the room and getting a full picture and sonic example of the room setup.  I'm still figuring out OB like everyone else.

Dave

Hebrew Hammer

• Industry Participant
  • www.Randall-K.com
« Reply #27 on: 8 Apr 2011, 05:34 pm »
placed over the corner bass traps?

if so I have 1 2x4 Abb1 here and could try if I had one more...

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #28 on: 8 Apr 2011, 05:54 pm »
Are you measuring as you go along or are you going to do a before and after?

tasar

« Reply #29 on: 8 Apr 2011, 09:51 pm »
Man.......talk about empirical. We all need a PLAN ! Dave......do some cartwheels across the workshop, catchup, and expouse on room treatments. We're all growing a beard over this stuff !!

gooberdude

« Reply #30 on: 8 Apr 2011, 10:53 pm »
I think he means just that randy. 2 of the 2x4 panels in each corner, 1 on top of the other, covering your corner bass traps. Diffusion in front of absorption. Makes sense.

Regardless, its no issue to bring over all (4) 2x4 panels. Maybe stick my white ones on your rear wall, and put your dark painted ones over the corner panels as Dave describes to keep the look.

Dave, if we were to stack the 2x4 to the ceiling...where would the other panels go?  Randy's stealth traps are in the corners/of the corners/are the front wall corners & you mention putting a 'single panel in each corner' in addition to the stacked ones. 

any clarification is appreciated. 

i'm trying to get the Mini+Sandwich+Tranquility set up at Randy's tomorrow.

matt

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #31 on: 8 Apr 2011, 11:10 pm »
Man those look good!

Hebrew Hammer

• Industry Participant
  • www.Randall-K.com
« Reply #32 on: 9 Apr 2011, 01:19 am »
Man those look good!

THanks Danny!!!! ... the room keeps getting better...and these diffusers should be a sin as they are way under priced IMO

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #33 on: 9 Apr 2011, 04:36 am »
Man.......talk about empirical. We all need a PLAN ! Dave......do some cartwheels across the workshop, catchup, and expouse on room treatments. We're all growing a beard over this stuff !!
If it were only that easy   :?  Hang in just a little longer... I'm a l m o s t there.

Dave