New member saying hello.

wmeyer

New member saying hello.
« on: 14 Jan 2023, 01:33 pm »
New member here but always have questions about everything:) First of all love old Hafler electronics and see that pickings are getting slim so I'm always looking for a good deal on non-working or needs help components but don't tell my wife! I love the satisfaction of the sound after a repair or mods. I'm here in charming NJ and not to far from Ed who was an engineer for Dynaco & Hafler so I always check to see if he has anything new in his many bags of tricks. I also love to build home speakers when I can find the time and weather permitting with the many drivers that we all know we have too many of but I won't tell your significant other either, I promise:)' Ok, I do have a question, I have Large speakers that Elliott from LI NY Zalytron built me back in 1993 still in perfect working order but I want to redo the crossovers but over the years of changing things from the original design I miss placed the schematic design drawing...  The speaker has MTM 7K4211DB 8+8 ohm in series =16 Ω's then paralleled to 8 ohms with the tweeter being  Focal TC120TD  MTM being in a sealed approximate  1.0 cf and a 12V726S in a 3 cf dual 4" diameter 11.5" long ports. This speaker never disappoints whether driven with Krell KSA 250's in mono mode McIntosh or the Hafler DH-500 with Ed's PC-1 driver boards that I think sounds better than the Krell ♪♫♫♪... So if anyone can please help with my first post it would be most appreciated.

rodge827

Re: New member saying hello.
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jan 2023, 04:57 pm »
Don’t know much about Hafler gear.
From one NJ guy to another welcome to AC  8)

questz1z

« Reply #2 on: 24 Mar 2023, 03:04 am »
WELCOME!!!

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #3 on: 25 Mar 2023, 08:57 am »
Welcome!  💥

I lived in South Jersey for many years, like California north and south are two different states.