Tannoy owners - Philadelphia region

snovosel

Tannoy owners - Philadelphia region
« on: 16 Nov 2019, 02:43 pm »
I have not heard but I am intrigued by what I've read about Tannoy speakers.  Are there any Philadelphia area (within 50 +/- miles) owners who are open to a visit to show off their Tannoys? 

osullis

Re: Tannoy owners - Philadelphia region
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2020, 04:57 am »
BEK hifi in Allentown has just begun to carry Tannoy speakers. They will be showing them after this Covid thing calms down.

SOS

SET Man

« Reply #2 on: 25 Apr 2020, 01:23 am »
I have not heard but I am intrigued by what I've read about Tannoy speakers.  Are there any Philadelphia area (within 50 +/- miles) owners who are open to a visit to show off their Tannoys?

Hey!

No I'm not in Philly area or own a pair of Tannoy. But I've heard two of them back when there was a regular local meeting here in NYC and near by. It was one of member here, I think they were Turnberry and then later on a larger Glenair I think. They are in Tannoy's Prestige series. Yes, the old fashion looking ones.

I think they were driven by Jadis tube amp if I remembered correctly. I love them, they sound great. Not speaker that would do those Hi-Fi magic trick. I'm not saying that they can't do sound stage or imaging. But they are more of speaker that I would say for music lover rather than Hi-Fi lover.

As much as I love my homemade 6" Single Driver speaker in my small room. But if I ever thinking of going to larger 2-way speaker, Tannoy with Dual Concentric driver would be one on my list for sure. So, if you are going for Tannoy, do go for their speaker with Dual Concentric driver with 10" and larger if you can afford them. 

By the way, years ago just before I built my Single Driver speaker. I was lusting over Tannoy Dimension TD12. I think they are beautiful even today. Sadly I've never heard a pair.

Buddy

dq12guy

« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2020, 11:35 pm »
Late to the topic, but just a thanks for the speaker description.