Poll: What interconnects are your using with your Bryston?

Fife

I am curious as to what interconnects Bryston owners are using.

I have Kimber PBJ as well as MIT 330.
My system seems a little bright so I have the MIT's plugged in for now.

Please share your experiences.
Thank you.

Eric

« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2004, 12:54 am »
I am using Harmonic Technologies Prosilway II with my 4Bsst / Bp20 combination

thxultra

« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2004, 02:34 pm »
I use van den hul D102 MKIII Phono's but have been thinking about going balanced.
Have heard bryston's balanced cables use van damme cable but not sure what type , anyone know?

afblaster

« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb 2004, 05:47 pm »
I use Van Damme LC-OFC Quad Microphone Low-noise cable, with Neutrix NC3FX and NC3MX connectors between my SP1.7 and 4B and 5B power amps.  This gives good results and is probably cheaper than five quality interconnects.

ec

« Reply #4 on: 22 Feb 2004, 02:27 am »
50' of Yorkville Sound XLR's neutrix connectors on them (SP 1.7 to 3B SST).  $49.95 CDN each

This will be replaced by 50' of Mogami XLR's as they are back ordered $59.95 CDN each.

Goining into the SP 1.7 whole mix of stuff from my 2 ch days including
Van den Hul, MIT, Tara Labs, Straightwire, UltraLink, Nagoka.  All of these cables will be replaced with Belden 1694a with Canare RCA connectors when I get my Canare crimper in a few months.

hlopato

Cabling with Bryston
« Reply #5 on: 22 Feb 2004, 02:45 pm »
I am using Nordost Blue Heaven from my Lexicon MC 12 to my Bryston 9B THX.  The sound has been amazing.  I am also using Nordost Flatwire from the Bryston to my speakers.

jimmyp58

Interconnects to Bryston
« Reply #6 on: 24 Feb 2004, 11:56 am »
I am using AudioQuest Sky DBS inerconnects between my Rotel RSP-1098 pre-pro and my Bryston 14B SST that power my mains.  I am using AudioQuest Panther DBS interconnects between my RSP-1098 pre-pro and Bryston 7B SST that powers my center channel.

Jim

Allezvite

Interconnects for Bryston
« Reply #7 on: 24 Feb 2004, 03:38 pm »
This is a great thread Fife.

I've just recently switched over from Linn standard interconnects to two runs of Van Den Hul Integration Hybrid with RCA's from Linn Genki CD player to VTL TL2.5 preamp and then to my 2-month old Bryston 3BSST.  They were a lot more money than I though I'd ever spend on wires at over $600.00 CDN.

The improvement in detail and clarity was amazing, with a degree of harshness and grit removed, replaced by an open and clean high end.

This cable is extremely revealing and can sound a touch bright with some program material but is absolutely magic in its information retrieval on good recordings.  They are probably revealing the "incisiveness" of the Genki CD Player which can sound a bit relentless at times.

I've also heard the Van Den Hul D102 MK III in my system and thought that they were a pretty good match at a lower price-point.

From the power amp to speakers (Linn Keilidhs) I'm using Linn K20 bi-wired.  That's next on my list to look at.

KKG

« Reply #8 on: 25 Feb 2004, 02:01 am »
Hi

I'm using belden's 1800F with Neutrik XLR plugs between the BP25 and the 4B ST, and John Risch's recipe of Belden 89259 from the 4B to the speakers.  Sounds very nice to me.

Levi

Cables
« Reply #9 on: 25 Feb 2004, 01:55 pm »
I am using a Monster Cable M1000i and M2.2s.  I like it on the warmer side.

Levi

levesque

« Reply #10 on: 27 Feb 2004, 11:24 pm »
I use Bryston own balanced XLR cables between my 4BSST and my Anthem AVM 20 with great results.

Fife

« Reply #11 on: 29 Jul 2004, 07:36 pm »
So far I have tried the following:

Here my order based on my value (my ears vs my wallet):
1) Audience Conductor
2) Audience AU24
3) Harmonic Tech Copper Truthlink
4) MIT 330 HE
5) Canare L-5CFB
6) Kimber PBJ
7) Bryston RCA (tagged Canare LV-77S)

Here is my order of preference for sound quality regardless of price:
1) Audience AU24
2) Audience Conductor

3) Harmonic Tech Copper Truthlink
3) MIT 330 HE

5) Canare L-5CFB
5) Bryston RCA (tagged Canare LV-77S)
5) Kimber PBJ

Cables I wouldnt mind trying if someone wants to throw some my way:  :singing:
Bolder M-80 & Nitros
Pure Note
Ridge Street Audio
Purist Audio Design
Venhaus Pulsars

Eric

« Reply #12 on: 29 Jul 2004, 08:12 pm »
I have used harmonic technology pro-silway II and Audience AU24. I prefer the audience. They are more musical in this setup to my ears

Adz523

« Reply #13 on: 30 Jul 2004, 01:04 am »
How much do the Bryston interconnects sell for?

Yogus

« Reply #14 on: 30 Jul 2004, 04:19 am »
Fife

Were the Audience i/cs you used XLR terminated? The XLR ones are quite a bit more expensive than the RCA terminated ones.

I wonder if it would really make a big difference for short runs (<1m) anyway.

How big a difference did you find between the Audience Au24 and Conductor? Did you ever get to try out the Maestros?

Fife

« Reply #15 on: 30 Jul 2004, 05:26 am »
Hi Yogus,

I have not tried any Audience terminated XLR's nor have I tried the Maestro.

The difference between the AU24 and Conductor is quite noticeable.
The AU24 is more detailed with a wider soundstage for sure. The Conductor is very comparable but it seems the soundstage is narrower.

The Kimber and the Canare definitely have a limited soundstage and detail was lacking. However, the Canare is great value that cant be beat.....better than Radio Shack IC and around the same price I would expect.

I am currently using the AU24 and Conductors and have the Canares stashed away for future use. The rest I have sold off.

I have a shorter pair of AU24 of Agon if intereted.

If you want cheap, get Canare.
If you dont mind spending a bit more, I would give the Audience Conductor a try.

BTW, the AU24 is fairly stiff like the HT Truthlinks but very thin.
The Canare L5-CFB is stiff as well...maybe more but you could always use LV-77s which is much more flexible like Kimber PBJ's.
The conductor is the most flexible. The wire will actually hang/droop when held at 90 degrees.

Dan Driscoll

« Reply #16 on: 30 Jul 2004, 03:49 pm »
I'm using Outlaw PCA's between my .5B preamp and Sherbourn power amp. I liked these a lot better than a set of AudioQuest Corals I demo'd them against.

thxultra

« Reply #17 on: 30 Jul 2004, 09:33 pm »
Quote from: levesque
I use Bryston own balanced XLR cables between my 4BSST and my Anthem AVM 20 with great results.

Is their a make written on the balanced cable's , have heard they use van damme or belden 1800F but want to make sure

Lo Rez

« Reply #18 on: 4 Aug 2004, 02:10 am »
First post in this forum.  I figured I'd better join since I own 3 Bryston power amps & PMC mains and centre channel.   :)  

From an Audio Refinement Pre5 I'm running all Cardas;  Neutral Reference to 4B-ST for front channels, Quadlink 5C to 2B-LP for surrounds and a single 2m Quadlink 5C to a PP120 strapped to the back of my TB1-S centre channel.

I've tried a bunch of different cables, you gotta spend a lot more money to get anything better.  Easy to find used as well.  I paid $120 CDN for one pair of used Quadlinks.

AlexB

« Reply #19 on: 10 Aug 2004, 12:58 pm »
I would second AU24 and definitely avoid Nordost.  
  Cardas Cross/Golden Cross is the best cure if your Bryston sounds bright for your ears.