external hard drives

rmurray

external hard drives
« on: 1 Mar 2018, 06:02 pm »
 James, can  I use  any external hard drive on the BDP3 or does it have to be  a BOT? :scratch:

srb

Re: External OPTICAL DISK (?) drives
« Reply #1 on: 1 Mar 2018, 06:13 pm »
Perhaps you mean external optical disk drives rather than hard drives?  The BOT is an optical disk drive for CD playback or ripping when used in conjunction with a BDP player.
« Last Edit: 2 Mar 2018, 09:37 am by srb »

Silverbullet

Re: external hard drives
« Reply #2 on: 2 Mar 2018, 09:33 am »
I’ve plugged an LG DVD drive straight into my BDP2 and it’s worked fine.

rmurray

« Reply #3 on: 2 Mar 2018, 01:41 pm »
..... :thumb: Thanks for the info... This is exactly what I meant....could be another way if the BOT isn't available in the future.... :thumb:

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #4 on: 3 Mar 2018, 05:47 pm »
....About using the LG : does it  connect with a USB like the BOT 1 and  can that be used  the same way as a cd player into the BDP... sorry, just trying to make sense of all this...thanks ... :scratch: :thumb:

Silverbullet

« Reply #5 on: 4 Mar 2018, 02:34 am »
Yes, it’s a normal PC external USB drive. Just plugs into a BDP USB port and lets you play and rip. I have to say I only did a quick test of this about 2 years ago out of curiosity, I’ve never done any full on using so there may be long term issues.

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #6 on: 4 Mar 2018, 01:51 pm »
Yes, it’s a normal PC external USB drive. Just plugs into a BDP USB port and lets you play and rip.

You sure about ripping straight to the USB drive attached to BDP? I tried it years ago, couldn't do it. So I still detach the drive and transfer rips thru my desktop Mac. No big fuss (for me).

cheers

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #7 on: 4 Mar 2018, 06:18 pm »
You sure about ripping straight to the USB drive attached to BDP? I tried it years ago, couldn't do it. So I still detach the drive and transfer rips thru my desktop Mac. No big fuss (for me).

cheers
......Well I am hoping that Bryston will continue with the BOT ( when they decide on the replacement loader) :thumb: