I bought a Bryston.

Mag

I bought a Bryston.
« on: 29 May 2004, 09:49 am »
I'm the proud owner of Paradigm Studio 100 v2 previously powered by a Yamaha RX-V2200 receiver. Although the sound was good I was concerned from reading numerous reviews on the 100's that I wasn't getting the optimum sound from these speakers. So I decided I could afford to buy a power amp just to drive them. I was going to check out Rotel. I wasn't going to test Bryston thinking they'd would be out of my budget. Anyway I stopped in at the Bryston dealer first. The salesmen spotted me looking around and was there in a flash. I asked him how much for a Bryston 4B. He came back with a price over $3000 bucks. Seeing the price was too much he prompltly directed me to a dusty 3B ST sitting on the middle shelf of a tv stand unhooked and said he would sell that unit to me for just over $2000. I was hesitant at accepting his offer because I didn't think 120 watts could power my 100's. I then told him that I was going to go look at a Rotel. At that, the price came down to $1750. So I agreed, being worried this amp wasn't big enough.
   On getting it home and powered up I immediately could here a big difference in the 100's, I was so relieved. My gamble paid off and I couldn't be happier with the results of getting my 100's to sound their best. :D

KKM

I bought a Bryston.
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2004, 02:05 pm »
I hope that's in Canadian dollar, because that would be way too much for a 3B-ST,a good used 4B-ST is sold on Audiogon from $1250-1400. ITs a good amp choice though.

Allezvite

I also bought a Bryston
« Reply #2 on: 2 Jun 2004, 04:53 pm »
I find Bryston to be a bit like Linn in the sense that their equipment pretty much delivers on its promises.

Like many before you, you'll soon come to realize that when you purchase Bryston, you're not gambling like with some other high-end brands manufactured in small, cottage industry style companies (who shall remain nameless).