Question about d200 power consumption at standby (mute).

askl2000

Hi Dusty,

Can I ask what is the estimated power consumption for the d200 (per pc or per pair) at standby (mute)?

Thank you!

CIAudio

« Reply #1 on: 2 May 2006, 05:13 am »
Can I ask what is the estimated power consumption for the d200 (per pc or per pair) at standby (mute)?

In standby, the current draw is almost nothing...only the input stage op amp and standyby LED are running, the entire output circuit is turned off.

askl2000

« Reply #2 on: 3 May 2006, 03:56 am »
Thank you very much for your response, Dusty. I really appreciate it!

mfsoa

« Reply #3 on: 3 May 2006, 12:18 pm »
OK, someone had to ask...
Power consumption at idle with D200s on? (Sorry if it's in the manual - I don't recall)
I always leave mine on, thinking that the power draw isn't that big.
Dusty, are there any probs leaving tham on 24/7, as far as the UCD is concerned, or do they like to take a nap every now and then?
I have really been enjoying my 200's - Thanks Dusty
I brought them to my brother's store and they spanked around some B&W 802Ds very nicely!

CIAudio

« Reply #4 on: 3 May 2006, 10:25 pm »
Power consumption at idle with D200s on? (Sorry if it's in the manual - I don't recall)
I always leave mine on, thinking that the power draw isn't that big.
Dusty, are there any probs leaving tham on 24/7, as far as the UCD is concerned, or do they like to take a nap every now and then?

No problem in leaving them on 24/7, draw at idle is less than 10w each.

HumanMedia

Re: Question about d200 power consumption at standby (mute).
« Reply #5 on: 28 Oct 2006, 12:41 am »
I know that there is at least a hour warm up time from being plugged in for the D200's to sound their best.  The recommendations are to keep them on all of the time.

Is there any warm up needed after taking them out of Mute mode, or are they exactly tha same as if left unmuted?

Is it a reasonable strategy to use the Mute mode as an 'off' mode?

I fear leaving them on and having some out of the norm surge doing damage to the speakers.  If I put them in in mute mode in the 2/3rds of the time Im not using them then this reduces this risk.

However Im starting to suspect there is a warm up time after being taken out of mute where the audio is not optimal.  Is this correct?  Or is the amp fully warmed up and ready, but just diconnected at the final stage where it connects to the speakers?

CIAudio

« Reply #6 on: 28 Oct 2006, 12:49 am »
When in mute mode, the output switching is turned off and only the input stage is running.
This means it will take awhile for them to warm-up after long periods in mute mode.
We recommend leaving them on all the time if you listen on a regular basis. They draw very little current at idle and will sound their best without needing any warm-up.
The mute function is handy for changing system components, cables, etc.

HumanMedia

« Reply #7 on: 30 Oct 2006, 03:17 am »
Thanks.