Salk's in Maryland, HT1 and HTS vs. M&K

smithb

« on: 31 Mar 2006, 08:06 am »
New to this forum. I have the itch to swap out my HT speakers and have a few questions.

First, anyone in the Maryland area that might allow someone to hear their Salk speakers? I am most interested in the HT1's and HTS's.

I currently have three M&K S-150s upfront, four SS-200's for sides and back, and a 350MX sub. Most of the time I am happy with the setup for movies but sometimes they are a bit too in your face and listening to music or concerts leaves me wanting more. I'm 90% movies and only 10% music and concerts, so it hasn't been to bad.

Just curious if any others are familar with Salk's and M&K's and would like to offer their experiences.

If I do make the switch, I am thinking of keeping the four SS-200s becuase I like the Tripole effect. So it would also be interesting to hear how people would think HT1's or HTS's up front would mix with the M&K's for surrounds.

All but my center speaker is hidden so "looks" are not a concern, only performance.

Thanks ahead for any info.

Brad

mpd

« Reply #1 on: 11 Apr 2006, 07:15 pm »
I live in NJ (about 2 1/2 hrs north from the Delaware border).  I have a set of HT1s, a custom pair of salk subs (not HTSs, exactly, but designed to match the HT1s), and an HTC.  The four surround speakers are Triads.  If you're ever in the area, I'd be happy to let you have a listen.

Mike