RAGE releases tomorrow anybody else getting it ??

Kinger

Re: RAGE releases tomorrow anybody else getting it ??
« Reply #20 on: 6 Oct 2011, 07:31 pm »
XBox gaming was done on a 52" Samsung LCD.  PC gaming is done on a 23" LCD.  I'm in the minority in that I prefer to game on a smaller screen that is located closer to me for FPS.  While things look awesome on a 52" TV, I find it harder to look all around the screen quickly to find targets.  For stuff like Madden or racing games the 52" is awesome.

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #21 on: 26 Oct 2011, 12:24 am »
I already have my copy, but i haven't had the chance to play. Bethesda + Id software = Epic!!!

nathanm

« Reply #22 on: 26 Oct 2011, 07:37 am »
It took me a long time to warm up to it, but it's a really good game.  What surprises me is that I can actually play it on "Nightmare" mode, something which was never possible before.  (Secondly, for the first time ever I think, I freakin' found an Easter Egg by myself without any external reference beforehand!  Whoah!)  The Nightmare mode seems to mean that YOU take much more damage but enemies still seem to go down with a lesser increase in difficulty.  Wingsticks still take just about everybody out.  If you needed 3 wingstick hits to take down a mutant for example, that would suck. 

There are a lot of nice little animation touches; the sad robot hand, Kavassir's shoulder robo-parrot, and I really loved the "pick up that can" bit, that was a hoot.  There's so much lifted from\homage to other games in this, but in a good way.  There really should be a special room in all these sorts of games with a shrine to director George Miller.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but all this flowed from him.

Overall I still think Borderlands is my favorite, but what is really awesome in RAGE is how the enemies react and interact with the environment.  It's pretty impressive stuff. In RAGE you have to bust your ass off to earn money, whereas in Borderlands money quickly becomes useless.  Some balance in between would be ideal.  You hardly ever get ammo-starved in Borderlands, but in RAGE it happens a lot.

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #23 on: 7 Nov 2011, 05:34 pm »
Nathan, which video card are you using? some Ati users are having problems with it. true?

nathanm

« Reply #24 on: 7 Nov 2011, 07:14 pm »
I play it on an Xbox 360.

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #25 on: 8 Nov 2011, 11:20 pm »
Oh, sorry..i thought you were a pc user.

nathanm

« Reply #26 on: 9 Nov 2011, 05:30 pm »
I found a savegame editor for RAGE (damn, the internet rules) which allows for giving yourself free money and race certificates, which is pretty cool.  I think after 4 play-throughs I earned the right to have some cheating fun.

The only thing I don't like are the Rally races (I got 1st place ONCE!) and the sewer missions don't make any sense.  You go through a sewer, kill all the mutants and collect loot but THEN the bountry board gives you the same damn mission, only this time there's no damn loot.  Kinda silly if you ask me.  Also, Mutant Menace is just cruel. Sniper rifle which needs TWO non-criticals to kill against multiple running enemies.  That's just downright MEAN!  Ha!