Considering Omega...

Ultralight

Re: Considering Omega...
« Reply #120 on: 12 Jul 2015, 03:12 am »
Rebbi,

I finally did get to audition an Omega.  It took me a while to figure out how to make it sing.  At first, it really did not work for me but after I figured it out, the speakers were truly excellent.  My thought is that you work at it for a few weeks. You can always sell in a couple of weeks without change in value.

UL

EzraS

« Reply #121 on: 12 Jul 2015, 01:47 pm »
Ultralight, Could you explain in greater detail your experience auditioning the Omegas. Which model did you listen to ? What did you hear that you did not like? How did you experiment to remedy the problems you heard? Thanks

rebbi

Sticking with Omega!
« Reply #122 on: 15 Jul 2015, 07:58 pm »
Hi, Gang,
I'm happy to report that, rather than selling my RS7 Alnico Monitors, I'm going to send them back to Louis and trade up to a brand new pair of Super Alnico Hemps in ebony veneer!  :thumb:
Louis is (happily) having an atypically busy summer, so it'll probably take about a month for me to take delivery.
I have every reason to believe that I will be beyond happy with the Super Alnico Hemp's and I am really excited to have made this choice.
Thanks to all of you and I'll keep you posted.
 :D

dspringham

« Reply #123 on: 15 Jul 2015, 11:16 pm »
Now you're talkin'!!!

I like my Alnico monitors so much I was thinking of moving up to the Super Alnico XLS but I think I'll stick with what i have and seriously consider the deepOmega12  sub. Maybe after the sub I should think about some Super 3i Monitors for variety.
Really enjoying the omega sound at this time.

Reb, I think you will thoroughly dig the Alnico Monitor. Way to go!

rebbi

« Reply #124 on: 16 Jul 2015, 12:03 am »
Now you're talkin'!!!

I like my Alnico monitors so much I was thinking of moving up to the Super Alnico XLS but I think I'll stick with what i have and seriously consider the deepOmega12  sub. Maybe after the sub I should think about some Super 3i Monitors for variety.
Really enjoying the omega sound at this time.

Reb, I think you will thoroughly dig the Alnico Monitor. Way to go!

Hey, thank you for good vibes.  :D

rebbi

« Reply #125 on: 12 Aug 2015, 08:43 pm »
Okay, I spoke with Louis this afternoon. My Super Alnico monitors in zebra wood should be shipping this coming Friday or next Monday.  :banana piano: :hyper:

vinagunner

« Reply #126 on: 12 Aug 2015, 08:53 pm »
v
« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2016, 03:49 am by vinagunner »

rebbi

« Reply #127 on: 12 Aug 2015, 09:01 pm »
Excelent news, rebbi  :D! Be patient as they'll need lots of break-in time and make sure to tell us about your findings. Just remember to take some pictures as well (there's a thread for that as well).

Yes, been thinking about that picture thread, too.   :icon_lol:

rebbi

« Reply #128 on: 19 Aug 2015, 06:02 pm »
My Super Alnico Monitors are in transit and supposed to be delivered tomorrow!   :hyper: :dance:

seikosha

« Reply #129 on: 20 Aug 2015, 01:35 pm »
Congratulations....let us know how they sound.

rebbi

« Reply #130 on: 20 Aug 2015, 04:45 pm »
Congratulations....let us know how they sound.

For sure!   :D