Swiss style Decaf Coffee; For those that can't do Caffiene; I Love It

Folsom

Hey guys, some of you might be familiar with the regular decaf coffee that's still 25-30% caffeine of regular coffee. Well I can't drink it! I found out with a genetics test that I just straight don't process caffeine. It explains some suspicions!

Anyway one day I thought I'd treat myself, because I do in fact love coffee despite it's hate for me with all it's caffeine. Then I got to talking to the barista and come to find out that Swiss style decaf is done by water, not chemicals, and is 1-2% the caffeine of regular coffee at most. Well I've been drinking it regularly and it doesn't have any negative affects except when I'm shelling out for hemp late's and gluten free no bake cookies. (allergic to milk, I mainly only allow some cheese)

It's not bitter, it taste really good! And I can understand now why cold brew coffee would screw me up so bad, since it's like 99% of the caffeine.

Just for reference, depending on varieties of each, you could potentially need to drink upwards of 30-40 cups of swiss style decaf to equal one good brew of green tea. Ya, it's that much less in caffeine.

I'm sure for someone the fact that its coffee will bother their liver, but for me, oh man, at least there's something I can enjoy in my diet.  :thumb:

londonbarn

Yes, its called Swiss Water Process and has been around here for decades.. Glad you found out...

srb

"This chemical-free water decaffeination process was pioneered in Switzerland in 1933 and developed as a commercially viable method of decaffeination by Coffex S.A. in 1980. In 1988 the Swiss Water Method was finally introduced to the market and its facility is based near Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

Note that the Swiss Water Company’s decaffeination facility is the only facility in the world certified organic by both OCIA and Aurora Certified Organic. In addition, they are also certified Kosher by the Kosher Overseers Association."

Folsom

Wow.

It's so damn good... to be able to enjoy something without it biting me back!

I grew up in a small town. In my childhood I never even knew what a black bean was, or salad I'd eat. No joke, I f'ing hate Romain and iceberg but I enjoy spinach, spring mixes, mustards, and especially baby arugula which were all alien to me until I left my home town. It's not a surprise I didn't know about this coffee.

Tomy2Tone

Can you say what negative effect caffeine has on you? I've been doing my best to go gluten free as well as dairy and soy free and feel much better for it. I love my coffee in the morning...

Folsom

Well at first I feel good, and then I crash. I often urinate A LOT until I'm dehydrated as if my bladder is going nuts.

It seems to swing my blood sugar around (I'm not diabetic) or thyroid, I don't know which. But basically I can't regulate body temperature. Also I can't concentrate on anything. But I don't necessarily have trouble sleeping.

Most humans don't do well with dairy or wheat. Soy depends, and so does red meat (in fact they're basically opposites for health depending on whom you are).