OPPO 205 got my email tonite for the first Batch

A_shah

OPPO 205 got my email tonite for the first Batch
« on: 29 Jun 2018, 07:00 am »
Hello don't know if this is the right place to post this ! Admin may move this if they choose to do so. !
FYI Just got an Email from OppoDigital confirming my order for 205UHD from the 1st batch they are releasing since I had signed up on April 1 or earlier. I have opted to pick it up at their Menlo Park office as soon as they notify me of the availability,  :D :popcorn: 

Asghar

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
Re: OPPO 205 got my email tonite for the first Batch
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jun 2018, 01:43 pm »
1st batch???   :drool:

A_shah

Re: OPPO 205 got my email & picked up the unit today !!!
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jun 2018, 11:50 pm »

Yep ! went this morning and the good people at OPPO handed over a Box (actually Jason took it and put it in my car  thanks Jason !)
Big Difference between the 203 UHD  I recently sold and this 205 Both in faster interface ! and superb Audio !!! that is the first impression will leave it on for tonite and do some critical listening over the week End ! Cheers ! :D :thumb:

Delta77

« Reply #3 on: 30 Jun 2018, 02:08 am »
Thanks for the heads up..
I’m gonna try and get another one , as well..

I know I need a new rug (ugly) ..

A_shah

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jun 2018, 03:18 am »
Thanks for the heads up..
I’m gonna try and get another one , as well..

I know I need a new rug (ugly) ..

Your Rug looks fine !! it's clean and fluffy !  tell me when are you stopping by ? so we can try out your  wonderful new amp. ? why do you need another one ? you already have a 205 UDP :scratch: also see " two tube amps ?? are they mono's ?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 30 Jun 2018, 03:40 am »
Nice amps they are different seems pre & power.

Delta77

« Reply #6 on: 30 Jun 2018, 04:06 am »
I didn’t mean to but in on your thread..
Nice amps they are different seems pre & power.

Thank you Fullrange..
OPPO 205 and my new Decware equipment ..
Yes, (CSP3) pre & headphone amp / (Zen Mystery Amp)..

Delta77

« Reply #7 on: 30 Jun 2018, 04:44 am »

why do you need another one ? you already have a 205 UDP :scratch:

I will most likely go with the OPPO 205 XLR’s directly to the Zen Mystery Amp , no preamp needed..
Cullencable to the rescue again, custom made XLR’s should be here by next Friday...
Leaving me the Pre/headphone amp for possible second/headphone system..
Heck I just can’t pass up the only chance to get a new one before there gone..!!

Johnny2Bad

« Reply #8 on: 30 Jun 2018, 09:41 am »

They are permanently leaving the consumer audio business; upon the announcement there was an opportunity to sign up for a final production run. That's what this thread is referring to.

If you aren't aware, outside North America and mostly in developing countries, OPPO is a huge smartphone manufacturer and brand. They are concentrating their efforts on that field for the future, I assume because it's a better placement of (always limited) capital with higher returns. Although I have no real evidence to support it, I would not be surprised to learn in the future that they expand into Europe and North America with the phone business. But then again maybe they don't have to or want to ... our phone industry is pretty mature, while the second and third world it's just starting to really take off and has early iPhone-ish potential for explosive growth.

Their phones are well regarded in places like India. It's just an observation and certainly not universal, but the immigrants I see from India and Pakistan here seem to never be off their phones, and they use them for talking, not texting. They are speaking the native language; the Canadian born Indian/Pakistan kids are more like any native born kid, and their parents don't seem to have brought the habit with them, possibly because they have been here longer and encountered the smartphone just as we did and use them the same way.

If I take a cab and the driver is from that part of Asia, and he speaks the native tongue so it's likely that he's a recent (ie as an adult) immigrant, he never stops chatting to someone while driving me around. When shopping, I see them talking as they go down the aisles on hands-free headsets, and you can tell it's not about the price of pickles on the shelf. Conversation must be an important aspect of their culture, which I assume bodes well for a phone company like OPPO in those domestic markets.

soundofrockets

« Reply #9 on: 9 Jul 2018, 10:47 pm »
did anybody else also receive the email invite ?

:scratch:

A_shah

« Reply #10 on: 10 Jul 2018, 05:26 am »
did anybody else also receive the email invite ?

:scratch:

here is the screen shot of the invite I picked up the unit the the link won't work but I am sure OPPO is sending out these invite

dewey

« Reply #11 on: 11 Jul 2018, 08:07 pm »
Very happy for you, I am hopeful my name will make its way up the list for another batch some day.  I was SO close to pulling the trigger but waited a week too long. 

A_shah

« Reply #12 on: 11 Jul 2018, 11:45 pm »
Very happy for you, I am hopeful my name will make its way up the list for another batch some day.  I was SO close to pulling the trigger but waited a week too long.

@Dewey
Thank you what the good people at OPPO told me when I went to pick my unit ( They have their offices very close to Facebook Campus) they intend to send invite emails to each person who sent them a email , however the first batch they got was only 250 units they expect to get their largest batch in August of 2018 :thumb:
Asghar

Macktrec

« Reply #13 on: 7 Oct 2018, 05:10 pm »
Yes I also put in for one back in April 2018 and just received my invitation a month ago.  Hang in there.  I have just connected the unit though this weekend direct by RCAs's to my Anthem A5 amplifier.  First thing I noticed is how quiet the speakers are (background noise), virtually silent.  However, in order to take most advantage of the attenuation, I dropped the output trim as low as possible on the OPPO so that I can turn up the Volume at it highest signal.  The sound is IMHO to previous OPPO 105 I had prior doing the same procedure.  The 205 definitely has a stronger, fuller-richer sound quality all the way through (hear more bass definition and clarity).  I will be tweaking the unit over the next couple weeks, especially its imbedded tonal programs.  I am really glad to have one and waited patiently like many of you.  ITS WORTH IT!!!!  Man that would be pretty cool to actually go the the OPPO factory and talk to those guys.

Macktrec

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #14 on: 7 Oct 2018, 11:18 pm »
 :cry: I signed up early.. But when the first emails  to ask everyone to respond if still interested... I never got that. So I reentered my email at Oppo and immediately got  the need to respond email. However since then.. nothing.
I am still kind of hoping they will sell me one.  :thumb:

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
« Reply #15 on: 7 Oct 2018, 11:23 pm »