Dynaco ST 70 custom chassis

Nick B

Dynaco ST 70 custom chassis
« on: 13 Feb 2021, 02:52 am »
I’m looking for a different amp and will likely get a modded VTA ST Dynaco 70 with tweaked parts that a friend is suggesting. The original Dynaco chassis design has the inputs on the front and a hard-wired power cord. I’m not keen on that and am thinking about using a different chassis that would at least allow room for an iec.

I’d appreciate suggestions regarding vendors who offer custom chassis options

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Dynaco ST 70 custom chassis
« Reply #1 on: 13 Feb 2021, 03:28 am »

This Dynaco was made right.
An IEC power socket is a Low Fi idea tô take money from the audiophools, it add various connections tô the signal creating losses,
the best amp already made FM Acoustics never used IEC socket but a integral cord.

Stranded wire for áudio or power are the second best solution, Hard wiring are better than stranded.

glynnw

• I have tin ears.

Nick B

« Reply #3 on: 13 Feb 2021, 04:52 am »
This Dynaco was made right.
An IEC power socket is a Low Fi idea tô take money from the audiophools, it add various connections tô the signal creating losses,
the best amp already made FM Acoustics never used IEC socket but a integral cord.

Stranded wire for áudio or power are the second best solution, Hard wiring are better than stranded.

Thank you for your opinion....

Nick B

Lefty052347

• AVA Associate
« Reply #5 on: 13 Feb 2021, 07:30 pm »
I have used the AVA Ultravalve for 11 years as my main amp.  If your looking for a ST-70 style tube amp you won't do better than the Ultravalve.

Regards,
Dean

Nick B

« Reply #6 on: 13 Feb 2021, 08:06 pm »
I have used the AVA Ultravalve for 11 years as my main amp.  If your looking for a ST-70 style tube amp you won't do better than the Ultravalve.

Regards,
Dean

I have the Fritz Carrera 7 BE. I recently spoke with Frank as a couple of guys whose opinions I value recommended the AVA SET 120 or 400. He also recommended his SET Amps for the Fritzes and didn’t mention the Ultravalve (which is currently sold out).