jqp's T.H.E. Show

Levi

Re: jqp's T.H.E. Show
« Reply #40 on: 18 Jan 2011, 03:01 am »
I heard some of the 1812 Overture, but they took it off before we got to the cannons

Those Bryston's 28B will find bass and dish it out like it is true to the recording.  :thumb:

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?2471-CES-2011-The-Good-the-Bad-and-the-Ugly

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #41 on: 18 Jan 2011, 03:10 am »
Just curious, what rooms did you like/dislike?

You want me to be Ricky Gervais at the Golden Globes?   :lol:  I really didn't NOT like any rooms, except the "den" room with the big screen TV playing a Michael Jackson video with mediocre sound system.

I thought the Chapman room was really dialed in, and also I really liked the PBN Audio room. Those two stood out to me. I really need more experience listening to these different systems, and also did not get to listen enough to all the rooms...not enough time!

jqp

• Volunteer
« Reply #42 on: 28 Jan 2011, 10:39 pm »
And here are a few more shots from T.H.E. Show, I finally can spend some time catching up again...

Notice that in this picture the outer speakers look impressive, but they are not connected!

Here is an Eee PC (by ASUS) used as a source

jqp

• Volunteer
« Reply #43 on: 28 Jan 2011, 10:58 pm »
I wish I had taken more pictures! But you can't take pictures all the time - you have to listen, ask questions, and focus on what is being presented after all the time and energy it takes to get to the shows. I also toured the big room downstairs where albums, CDs and accessories like record cleaners, tube dampeners, etc. were being sold.

I ran into a journalist from Absolute Sound who was at the show...we chatted about what systems we had heard, what systems we owned. Had had owned RM40s at one time. We both were headed to the Krell room, and went our separate ways as he did his journalist thing...

I enjoyed this show, my first one, and I felt that of course I needed a few more days to really get the most out of it. Still, I had never seen or heard such a variety of gear, and so it was a great experience.