New Salk Customer

ds376

New Salk Customer
« on: 21 Jun 2019, 06:35 pm »
Hi everyone -

About a month ago I ordered some Song3's in the Curly Walnut standard finish. After talking to Jim I decided on the bamboo midrange and front port. By the way, Jim was very helpful and patient in answering my questions.

The room they are going in has a hardwood floor that is over the garage/basement downstairs. I think I should decouple the speakers from the floor and am thinking about the Herbie's Cone/Spike Decoupling Gliders, regular size. Not sure if I am allowed to post the link, but here they are: https://herbiesaudiolab.com/collections/loudspeaker-rack-decoupling-and-isolation/products/cone-spike-decoupling-glider?variant=12645103435831

The cones on the Song3's appear to be slightly rounded off (not super sharp). Does anyone know if they would fit okay in the dimples on the Herbie's Gliders? Maybe someone has used this combination before. Would the Song3 cones, being slightly rounded off still sit down far enough in the dimples on the Gliders to be stable? From the pictures it looks like it would work okay.

Thanks, David

rmdtexas

Re: New Salk Customer
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jun 2019, 03:15 am »
Herbies decouplers worked great on my Song3 BeATs.

Hope you enjoy your Song3s as much as i do the BeATs.

Richard

ds376

« Reply #2 on: 22 Jun 2019, 05:13 pm »
Thanks, Richard. It looks like the BeATs have the same cones/feet as the Song3s. Did the cones fit nicely down into the dimples on the decouplers? Do you have the regular or the giant Decoupling Glider?

David

rmdtexas

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jun 2019, 03:33 pm »
I have the regular decouplers. The dimples are plenty big for the spikes.

Ace Deprave

« Reply #4 on: 23 Jun 2019, 03:58 pm »
The Herbies work well for my Veracity STs.

abd1

• DailyFrenchie
« Reply #5 on: 23 Jun 2019, 11:13 pm »
I used herbies gilders on my Song3’s and they worked ok. Then I put some isoacoustic gaia 3s on and it was a significant improvement. My room is above a finished basement and the hardwoods are very springy so I think I’m getting max utility out of the gaia’s. If you’re already on solid ground the herbies might be enough but I love the gaia’s.

ds376

« Reply #6 on: 24 Jun 2019, 01:50 am »
I am familiar with the Gaia 3, but at $400 they are a little out of my range. In this demo the difference is amazing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wst_XwbwTqk

I will probably go with the Herbie's, my floor seems pretty solid and not that "springy". There is a lolly jack (I think that is what it is called) down in the garage in that area to help also.

Thanks for the replies, now just have to wait for a little while and try not to check on the progress too often.

David