Dual PC's built into desk.

E-Zee

• Industry Participant
    • Diy speaker resources and crossover assembly services
Dual PC's built into desk.
« on: 31 Mar 2021, 07:58 pm »
With kids home from school during quarantine I decided time for a new computer desk with 2 desktop PCs integrated into the desk cabinet.  Here are some pictures.

Desktop is local cedar combined from 3 slabs. Live but straight front edge.  Length over 7.5 feet.  About 30" deep.

Standard desk height but all cabinets and drawers are custom sized. 3/4" plywood cabinets.  1/2" Baltic birch drawers.  Goal was double PC desk without the space use and visibility of separate towers.

I thought I'd share to hopefully inspire anyone else who has had similar ideas.   Enjoy.

Edit: I'm still learning to edit or post photos within forum.  For ease I created an independent project page that has photos and some project write-up.

View the photos and project details on this page https://ezeescrossovers.com/personal-projects.

If you have any questions ask them here and I'll answer what I can.
« Last Edit: 1 Apr 2021, 05:41 am by E-Zee »

ctviggen

Re: Dual PC's built into desk.
« Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2021, 09:08 pm »
Looks good.

So, there are 2 PCs and one screen?  Or is the second screen not there yet?

E-Zee

• Industry Participant
    • Diy speaker resources and crossover assembly services
Re: Dual PC's built into desk.
« Reply #2 on: 31 Mar 2021, 10:13 pm »
Currently only 1 PC installed in the cabinet. The components for second computer are not yet purchased but it will install into same center cabinet and of course will have its own display. The motherboard tray and drive trays are built into the cabinet so the 2nd computer will install on that right side just as easy as in a traditional computer case