how does the salk song towers and enter sound as a surround sound

caper334@hotmail.com

hello all i have my quote from jim all ready to do the deal...but all i keep reading about these speakers is the 2.0 aspect...I mainly am a home theater person with about 20 percent music...I have blu ray concerts....acdc....rush...heart..john forgerty ..styx....i currently have paradigm monitor nines and I find they are way too bright for music but ht is pretty good....so does anyone have the song towers and center and what are there thoughts...everything i read about these speakers is very good....comments welcome please..my room is just a standard room in the basement laminate flooring and gyproc walls....12 wide by 22 long and my listening area is about 14 ft out....i have a yamaha amp for running surround and a xpa 3 emotiva 200 watt for powering the front 3...and i have a dsp 3200 paradigm sub...thanks

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
zybar has five SongTowers in an HT system with subs, to which I listened (when I managed to drag myself away from his two-channel system   :drool:   ), and the setup is terrific. 

A lot of folks use SongTowers for HT, BTW.

floresjc

I have 4 Song Towers, a Song Center, and  custom Ryhmik sub that Jim built me. I don't think  you could find a better value for the quality provided. I absolutely love my home theater system with towers all the way around. The Song Center is quite capable too, and dialogue great. If you have any detailed questions, either reply here or PM me. I do not regret going all Song Towers in any way.

Vulcan00

• SEM Micrograph of Dendritic Structure
About ten or so years ago when I was in the market for HT speakers I remember looking at Paradigm as I remember they were active I desided on a less expensive but good HT system M&K. I now use HT2-TLs as fronts and HT2 center with M&K as surrounds and sub. First, the Salk center is so much better than M&K center , fuller more distictive. The Left and right fronts are amazing in HT. Plus now With HT by-pass I can enjoy excellent 2 channel and great TV and movies.

I believe you will be very happy with the songtowers in HT system.

Nuance

I use my SongTower RT's and SongCenter RT for HT and multi-channel music and I love them!  Everything is so clear and crisp; makes watching movies and listening to multi-channel music a real treat.  I think you'll love the combination, and I feel its unbeatable for the price. 

Enjoy!