My first pair of Salk ST's are ordered!

bigbwb

My first pair of Salk ST's are ordered!
« on: 15 Feb 2009, 05:37 pm »
I am officially part of the club :D

After some extensive listening of nuances ST's on Saturday at my place, i decided to put in an order for a pair of black Satin ST's with the dome tweeter.  I would have loved the black/grey guitar burst finish but financially it was not in the cards.  I opted for the Dome version over the Ribbon due to the music material I listen to which consists of absolutely no classical or jazz and only Rock, pop, and my wifes Rap music on occasion(crazy, I know).  Plus both Jim/Dennis seem to recommend the same option to others based on their listening habits similar to mine.

I can't wait to get them! 

On a side note, I currently own ascend sierras and will still keep at least 3 of them(an incredible bookshelf speaker for the price...I still love them).  I do feel the Salks are an improvement in the areas I was looking for such as the top end clarity/extension and the transparent midrange.

Us WI boys(nuance, TJHUB) have all joined the Salk club and maybe someday we can bring our pairs together and have our own shootout :thumb:

Later,
Brandon

adydula

• Restricted
Re: My first pair of Salk ST's are ordered!
« Reply #1 on: 15 Feb 2009, 06:34 pm »
Yahoo! Congrats!

Good choice and hope to hear your evaluation when you get them!
Mine are on the way, hope to get them next tuesday!
I have the dome tweeter and have the ST's biwired.

Been spending some bucks on getting a bunch of new cds!

I will post my first impressions and some pix later next week.

If I can find the time in between work and all of lifes ups and downs!!

All the best!
Alex

funkmonkey

« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2009, 08:38 pm »
Congrats on your order Brandon, and welcome to the club.  :thumb:

I'm looking forward to your impressions once you've had some time to live with them.

Cheers,
-Funk

bigbwb

« Reply #3 on: 15 Feb 2009, 09:31 pm »
Thanks Alex & Greg! 

Don't worry, I will definitely be posting some impressions once they arrive.  I will probably once again compare them to my sierras since my salks will have the dome tweeter.  Let the wait begin!

The Salks combined with me new found parasound 2100 preamp will be audio bliss :drool:

GregC

« Reply #4 on: 15 Feb 2009, 11:05 pm »
I ordered my ST's (bi-wire with dome tweeter) on 1/28 and I am anxiously waiting.  I will post pictures and comments after I receive them.

fishinbob

« Reply #5 on: 16 Feb 2009, 03:37 pm »
Congratulations you have good taste, and welcome to the ever-growing, basic black (we seem to care more about the music) segment of the Salk family. :thumb:
Just be prepared to spend more time listening than you may be used to.  :rock:

adydula

• Restricted
« Reply #6 on: 16 Feb 2009, 04:32 pm »
If I remember right, the basic black finish has less overall coloration, and an octave lower on the low end ??

:D

Alex

bigbwb

« Reply #7 on: 16 Feb 2009, 06:55 pm »
Congratulations you have good taste, and welcome to the ever-growing, basic black (we seem to care more about the music) segment of the Salk family. :thumb:
Just be prepared to spend more time listening than you may be used to.  :rock:

Fishinbob,

I seen your ST RT's in a thread and loved the light grey baffle look over the satin black!  I tried to talk the wife into  a similar color scheme but she apparently wears the pants in my house :duh: and chose the straight black look, which still looks awesome!

You are correct, sound is the #1 priority!  I hope to have a lot of listening time with them.

Thanks.

Alex,
I believe you are correct, I am sure Dennis can confirm this too :wink: