Congratulations to our tennis pro!

Big Red Machine

Congratulations to our tennis pro!
« on: 26 Feb 2008, 01:55 am »
Jim says his team has advanced to the regionals in Indiana now that they have become Michigan State Champs!! :beer:

Hey, all work and no play makes for a dull speaker builder!! :notworthy:

Marbles

Re: Congratulations to our tennis pro!
« Reply #1 on: 26 Feb 2008, 01:58 am »
Congrats!!!  For a guy that shouldn't be walking, you play pretty good  :thumb:

jsalk

« Reply #2 on: 2 Mar 2008, 12:59 am »
Marbles -

Thanks.  The fact is, we're headed to the regional tournament in your home town!  We will be in Fort Wayne on the 15th and 16th (one match on Saturday evening and two on Sunday).  I was going to email you and see if you would be around at that time.  Perhaps we can hook up.

- Jim

Marbles

« Reply #3 on: 2 Mar 2008, 01:34 am »
Marbles -

Thanks.  The fact is, we're headed to the regional tournament in your home town!  We will be in Fort Wayne on the 15th and 16th (one match on Saturday evening and two on Sunday).  I was going to email you and see if you would be around at that time.  Perhaps we can hook up.

- Jim

Ellen and I will be in town both days. I'll PM you.

Marbles

« Reply #4 on: 16 Mar 2008, 04:20 am »
It is with some sadness that I mention that Jim lost his match tonight.  He played very well, his partner played the first set well, then went to hell  :duh:  They barely lost in sudden death.

He is still alive as the Michigan team kicked some serious butt.

jsalk

« Reply #5 on: 16 Mar 2008, 11:28 pm »
It is with some sadness that I mention that Jim lost his match tonight.  He played very well, his partner played the first set well, then went to hell  :duh:  They barely lost in sudden death.

He is still alive as the Michigan team kicked some serious butt

Marbles -

Mary and I would like to thank you and Ellen for your wonderful hospitality in Fort Wayne.  Your company, support and encouragement helped me in the process of licking my wounds from an unfortunate loss. 

But all is well that ends well.  We went undefeated as a team, beating Indiana last evening and the Wisconsin and Ohio state championship teams today.  We are now the 2007 Midwest Sectional champs.  We will revel in our glory for a few hours and then ge back to the business at hand - building speakers.

Thanks again...

- Jim

Marbles

« Reply #6 on: 17 Mar 2008, 12:09 am »
Jim, you are very welcome.  Ellen and I had a great time.

CONGRATULATIONS on the victory. 

What's next, Regionals? Nationals?
« Last Edit: 17 Mar 2008, 12:20 am by Marbles »

jsalk

« Reply #7 on: 17 Mar 2008, 05:48 pm »
Marbles -

Jim, you are very welcome.  Ellen and I had a great time.

CONGRATULATIONS on the victory. 

What's next, Regionals? Nationals?

Well, it would normally be the Nationals.  But in this case, it was a fall/winter competition that is only held in the Midwest region.  So our win is the end of the road.  Summer Leagues do go to the national level and hopefully we'll get a chance to get this far again.

- Jim