Axpona 2014 - What will be in the Salk room????

bigbang

Axpona 2014 - What will be in the Salk room????
« on: 4 Feb 2014, 11:08 pm »
 Or did I miss that post?

Art_Chicago

Re: Axpona 2014 - What will be in the Salk room????
« Reply #1 on: 4 Feb 2014, 11:41 pm »
i don't believe you did.

jsalk

« Reply #2 on: 6 Feb 2014, 04:09 pm »
It is a little too early to tell for certain.  Things are always evolving.  But since we don't have a huge room, we will probably limit the number of speakers we are showing.

Any requests?

- Jim

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #3 on: 11 Feb 2014, 05:07 pm »
As long as you're asking..... :D

Silks, WOW1, SS8, SSC7. Oh, and perhaps a nice subwoofer.

I'm not greedy.  :icon_twisted:

bigbang

« Reply #4 on: 12 Feb 2014, 03:17 pm »
Two votes for the SSC7.  :thumb:

billmcc

« Reply #5 on: 13 Feb 2014, 03:02 pm »
I do not see the SSC7 listed on the Salk site. Is it a new center speaker in the SS series?

Bill

Art_Chicago

« Reply #6 on: 13 Feb 2014, 05:05 pm »
Jim, Thanks for asking!  :D
Well Silk monitor and SS8 were shown last year-- they are outstanding speakers, but Exotica was presented only once at RMAF'13 i believe. That is supposed to be a show-stealer.
Also, Silk tower would be cool to listen to.  And new Veracity ST!

Ace Deprave

« Reply #7 on: 14 Feb 2014, 01:35 pm »
I do not see the SSC7 listed on the Salk site. Is it a new center speaker in the SS series?

Bill

http://salksound.com/soundscape%20center%20-%20home.htm

Art_Chicago

« Reply #8 on: 18 Mar 2014, 03:58 pm »
BUMP!

jsalk

« Reply #9 on: 18 Mar 2014, 05:35 pm »
Still don't know.  I was thinking of bringing a pair of regular SongTowers since people always seem to want to hear them.  We have a pair of Veracity ST's that would be finished in time to bring as well.  Another pair that is available now (you never know if someone will walk in and purchase them) is a pair of smokey silver Supercharged SongTowers.  And we have my pair of SoundScape 8's.  Plus, we have a pair of speakers now in the final stages of development that may be ready by then.

Obviously, we can't bring all of those speakers since the room is not that large.  So we have yet to make a final decision.

Ideas?

- Jim

Austin08

« Reply #10 on: 18 Mar 2014, 06:47 pm »
Jim,

Look like there are many people who have shown interested in Salk centers and surround speakers. Are there any possibility for you to set up a multi channel music/movie system at some show?

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #11 on: 18 Mar 2014, 07:00 pm »
I'd like to echo Austin08's request for a multi-channel setup. I'm looking forward to listening to center channel speakers.

If you need extra room, I'm staying in the hotel across the road. I wouldn't mind storing a pair of speakers for you there.  :wink:  :wink:

Honestly though, I'd love to hear SS8s.

Art_Chicago

« Reply #12 on: 18 Mar 2014, 07:49 pm »
Jim,
thanks again for asking.
My choice would be Veracity ST's and that new model! But it is just because I am familiar with the rest.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #13 on: 18 Mar 2014, 07:50 pm »
James. take my 8's for a change of pace in the finish department.  You've shown the pepperwood versions many times.  I can box mine up and you can load them on the way.  Just sayin'.

Don't rush that new model.

jsalk

« Reply #14 on: 18 Mar 2014, 08:07 pm »
Jim,

Look like there are many people who have shown interested in Salk centers and surround speakers. Are there any possibility for you to set up a multi channel music/movie system at some show?

I'd love to do that some time.  But the AXPONA rooms are not that large and we are displaying with Audio by Van Alstine.  Frank doesn't have an A/V pre  and I doubt he'd be too happy to have to use someone else's.  So it probably won't happen at this show.

- Jim

WGH

« Reply #15 on: 19 Mar 2014, 02:12 am »
Frank doesn't have an A/V pre  and I doubt he'd be too happy to have to use someone else's.  So it probably won't happen at this show.

- Jim

Since my system is dual use, both stereo and home theater, I use an Outlaw 975 7.1 processor with Franks gear. Movies with  DTS-HD Master Audio surround sound absolutely fantastic. I put the volume a little above half on the AVA pre-amp but the home theater bypass switch would work too.

One way to sell Frank on the idea would be that a home theater would need a 600R for the front 2 channels and a Synergy 240/3 Amplifier with Double Die Option for the center and surrounds. A 240/3 is on my list but right now it's a long list and there is a lot of home and yard stuff ahead of it.

Oh yea before I forget, a Salk center to match my mesquite HT2-TL is on my list too.

Wayne