CRYSIS 2

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
CRYSIS 2
« on: 22 Mar 2011, 10:03 pm »
Easily, and I mean hands down easily, the best looking video game I have ever played or seen. Video games are getting closer and closer to movies that you actively participate in. Don't get me wrong this isn't one of those videogames where you pick you best path and cinematic cut scenes take over this is out and out sci-fi, alien bad guys battle it out in what looks to be New York City, and I didn't even really start the game yet...LOL. Its worth it just to look at and think back to the days of Mario bros. and Pilotwings and see how far this whole entertainment form has really come. See ya in a couple weeks if I survive...
 Ed

Kinger

Re: CRYSIS 2
« Reply #1 on: 22 Mar 2011, 11:13 pm »
Yeah the new games out there are really nothing short of amazing.  Got a new PC about a month ago and have been having a blast on battlefield Bad Company 2.  Can't wait for Battlefield 3 due this fall.

jaywills

« Reply #2 on: 22 Mar 2011, 11:53 pm »
West of House
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #3 on: 31 Mar 2011, 04:54 pm »
What will you do? 

Pez

« Reply #4 on: 31 Mar 2011, 05:15 pm »
Great game! I love the game play, but it's still very beta feeling. I have all kinds of bug issues. Biggest ones are melee button suddenly doesn't work for no reason, f'ing nanocyst collection resets to 0 randomly AND doesn't save my upgrades! I had deflection and a few other top tier upgrades that literally just disappear.

Other than the glaring issues this game is amazing. I love using silenced pistol while cloaked and just walking around headshotting everyone. :P

pjchappy

« Reply #5 on: 31 Mar 2011, 05:22 pm »
Great game! I love the game play, but it's still very beta feeling. I have all kinds of bug issues. Biggest ones are melee button suddenly doesn't work for no reason, f'ing nanocyst collection resets to 0 randomly AND doesn't save my upgrades! I had deflection and a few other top tier upgrades that literally just disappear.

Other than the glaring issues this game is amazing. I love using silenced pistol while cloaked and just walking around headshotting everyone. :P

My guess is because you are playing it on a Mac. :rotflmao:

Paul

Pez

« Reply #6 on: 31 Mar 2011, 05:34 pm »
Wow, now you will suffer my cloaked wrath. Look behind you! :evil:

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #7 on: 31 Mar 2011, 05:40 pm »
My guess is because you are playing it on a Mac. :rotflmao:

Paul

At least he isn't trying to play it on his iPad.   :lol:

George

pjchappy

« Reply #8 on: 31 Mar 2011, 06:02 pm »
With my fairly new PC setup, I didn't expect to game as much as I have (although, I still don't do it that often).

Nevertheless, the latest round of games has me itching to get a new graphics card sooner than I expected. . . but man, the top of the line ones aren't cheap!  The new (and fastest current card) is the just released AMD/ATI 6990 at over $700. :o  :o  The second fastest is the NVIDIA GTX 580 at over $500. :o (NVIDIA's latest and greatest is supposed to be coming out fairly soon) Talk about sticker shock!

To max out settings on Crysis 2, you'd probably have to spend around $400 on the AMD/ATI 6970, or something similar.

Paul

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: 31 Mar 2011, 07:20 pm »
Looks great on my PS3 and no bugs yet that I've come across but haven't played as much the past couple days...I love the way it looks, the way in which the colors are bod but not too much, its hard to explain, I also got Killzone 3 which looks awesome as well but I like the look of Crysis 2 better...my youngest is coming to visit in a few weeks and it will be the first time he's seen me with cane, walker etc...so I figured I'd throw Killzone 3 his way when he walks in to help distract him from my plight...he's liable to faint he wants Killzone 3 so bad, I mean he says I need the game so bad...yeah right!!!  lol..

Pez

« Reply #10 on: 31 Mar 2011, 07:21 pm »
Oh one last complaint. Worst story line ever.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: 31 Mar 2011, 07:29 pm »
The new (and fastest current card) is the just released AMD/ATI 6990 at over $700. :o  :o 
With that kinda cash, you could buy two PS3s and have a LAN party.
Oh wait, that's just the graphics card. You'd still need to spend more money to make the game work, wouldn't you?  :wink:

Bob

Pez

« Reply #12 on: 31 Mar 2011, 08:17 pm »
Or you can buy the video card and computer and have a real gaming rig.  :P :P :P :P

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #13 on: 31 Mar 2011, 08:32 pm »
Nah, thanks man I'll pass. I'll leave the PC gaming to you rich fellas.

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #14 on: 31 Mar 2011, 08:56 pm »
PS3 has proven to me as a PC gamer at heart and the first one on my block who could run Half-Life smoothly that gaming on dedicated gaming consoles is the way to go for me.
 Console itself was $299.00
 The game itself     $ 54.00
Bluetooth Headset  $ 21.98 to bullshit with Bob
              Total     $374.98
Hasn't crashed yet, and if my kids or friends have the same console, games can be traded without major software tweaking and game play is more fun...I spent a few hours the other night playing GT5 with Bob his son and wife and it was a blast, flatout fun without any of the hassles if we were to have four PC's involved in that same activity.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #15 on: 31 Mar 2011, 09:11 pm »
How about we do it again tonight while Paul and Pez are busy building their PCs:icon_twisted:

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #16 on: 31 Mar 2011, 09:30 pm »
What time? You gotta check out F1 -2010---very cool..you feel the speed more I think then in GT5...tell me when I'm in on GT5

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
« Reply #17 on: 31 Mar 2011, 09:42 pm »
I'd check it out, but if we like it, it's gonna cost me $200 to buy three copies.  :duh:
I try not to push new games on my wife and son.  :lol:

I should be on at 8:30ish CST.

eclein

• Volunteer
« Reply #18 on: 31 Mar 2011, 10:13 pm »
Cool..