My new products include...

Phil

Re: My new products include...
« Reply #20 on: 10 Jul 2010, 09:38 pm »
Dave,

Does the whole house surge protector you mentioned require the use of a breaker?  I believe that is how mine (no-name brand) is connected.  Sorry for the simple question:  don't know nothin' about this electrical stuff.

The fridge filter sounds promising.

Phil

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #21 on: 11 Jul 2010, 02:49 am »
Art, you will be one of the first to know!

:thumb:

Dave

I thought I was?   :duh:  Guess I"m being replaced...see what happens when you leave for a little bit?  REPLACED!   :bawl:

arthurs

« Reply #22 on: 11 Jul 2010, 02:53 am »
I thought I was?   :duh:  Guess I"m being replaced...see what happens when you leave for a little bit?  REPLACED!   :bawl:

If it eases the hurt...he calls me Jason all the time....   :o

RPM123

« Reply #23 on: 11 Jul 2010, 03:18 am »
Great, Phil.  I'm glad to hear it is working for you.

What I am working on is a small baox with a single outlet on the end with a 4' power cord with a right angle plug on the other.  The prototype is 2.5" x 2.5" x 4" long.  It fits inside my refrigerator on the bottom, next to the compressor with the standard power cord bundled and tie wrapped inside, too.  Nice and tidy.  It may get a little bit bigger, though.  I'm just about there.  I'm still chewing on the pricepoint.

Dave

Hi Dave,

If one is using a dedicated line for the AV system, will refrigerator line noise still be an issue and will the EMI trap work best for those without dedicated lines? Thanks.

Glenn

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #24 on: 11 Jul 2010, 03:24 am »
If it eases the hurt...he calls me Jason all the time....   :o

and that's a good thing?

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #25 on: 11 Jul 2010, 05:03 am »
Dude, I said 'one of the first'!!!   :wink:

It's all good.

Ta,

Dave

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #26 on: 11 Jul 2010, 05:09 am »
Hi Dave,

If one is using a dedicated line for the AV system, will refrigerator line noise still be an issue and will the EMI trap work best for those without dedicated lines? Thanks.

Glenn
Glenn, Having a dedicated line is the best thing a person can do to get on the road to musical Shangri-La.  It does only isolate the line back to the panel and uses inherent self inductance and capacitance to effect any noise rejection.  The refrigerator noise will always be present in the neutral of all circuits, even if it is on the opposite phase at the panel.  Consider that neutral and ground are "essentially" the same thing and you can see how this is still a problem.

As far as working best?  Uhm, it may be more noticeable on a shared line, but will work well for any application.

HTH

Dave