MajikBUSS and UberBUSS owners, please read.

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
MajikBUSS and UberBUSS owners, please read.
« on: 29 Apr 2010, 12:24 am »
Hey, ya'll.

I chose steamed European beech as a case material of the Majik, RevB and UberBUSSes for its' workability and hardness.  It seems that I got some a while back that was not properly dried and some units have started to open up seams.  I will repair and repaint these units at no charge other than freight back to me if the customer wants me to do so.  I will pay return freight back to the customer.  I will be making subsequent units from Medex after I run out of the beech onhand.  I have had it long enough that shrinkage from drying is no longer a problem. 

There is a natural tendancy for any hardwood to telegraph a glue seam through finish paint over time.  I am not talking about this, afterall the ugly black box is one of the reasons that the cost/performance ratio of these units is as good as it is.  I'm talking about honest to goodness cracks in the case where shrinkage has opened up the glue joint. 

There is no performance concern here, just cosmetic.  If you want them fixed, PM me and I'll get 'er done.

Sorry for the inconvenience: wood is wood.

Thanks,

Dave