UPDATED!! CAD Pictures of the new Aluminati "Core" amp cases (Hypex NC400)

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
  • Machining and Audio What A Great Match!
So it is finally time to unveil the new design. This new design will offer a cheaper smaller case solution that will replace the original "D400" cases.

Features and information about the new "Core" cases:
Cases machined from a solid block of 6061 Aluminum (USA made material)
2.75" tall by 7" wide by 9" deep (2.5" tall without feet)
Interference barrier between amp and PSU modules
Ground point for EARTH, nAmpon wire and signal shield ground
High quality IEC inlet connector, Neutrik XLR and Connex 5 way gold plated binding posts
Stainless steel bolts and hardware used through out (will not rust)
Black anodized finish
Buffed stainless steel logo plate

As you can see the connectors holes are not drawn in but they will not take long to add into the design. This weekend we'll make 3 pairs of monos and will offer a stereo version as well.

Prices are not locked in but we hope to offer a pair of monos or a stereo case for $1,000 (shipping included for cont 48 states, international is extra).

In one of the pictures you'll see mock up amp and PSU modules for reference.

Best,
Matt and Jas

UPDATED CAD MODELS!

We have added the connector holes, AC wire way/barrier and revised the vents to add more style/performance.

The design is pretty much set in stone but we may change how the PSU board is grounded to the case.

We're picking up material to make 3 pairs tomorrow afternoon, they will be machined this weekend and we'll be back from anodizing next Friday.

Best,
Matt and Jas

Had a chance to draw up a stereo core amp case. It is essentially two mono core amp cases combined but with just one power inlet. We might move the power inlet to the left side.

Best,
Matt and Jas

« Last Edit: 8 Dec 2013, 09:16 pm by AluminatiSound »

Speedskater

• Kevin
Just a couple of thoughts:

a] The individual ground or shield point for each connector - IEC inlet connector, Neutrik XLR and Connex 5 - should be very near that connector.

b] As all sailboater's know, Stainless Steel hardware into aluminum is not without problems.
      Some use this expensive product:
      http://www.cassellmarine.com.au/p/337808/duralac---anti-corrosive-joining-compound.html

ackcheng

Why are there so many holes on the top? Is that part of the design?

The internal layout of the previous version actually looks better.

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant

a] The individual ground or shield point for each connector - IEC inlet connector, Neutrik XLR and Connex 5 - should be very near that connector.

b] As all sailboater's know, Stainless Steel hardware into aluminum is not without problems.
      http://www.cassellmarine.com.au/p/337808/duralac---anti-corrosive-joining-compound.html

We plan to add more ground points once the connectors holes are added.

The cases will be anodized and this will not be a problem for any type of hardware especially stainless steel. No compound or anti seize compound is needed, since we do not plan to sell these for marine use where salt water is abundant.

Best,
Matt and Jas

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
Why are there so many holes on the top? Is that part of the design?

The internal layout of the previous version actually looks better.

The Hypex NC400 and 600SMPS get very hot, even in open air with no chassis or case solution, so we plan to have adequate ventilation as shown above but this might transform into a slot array instead of a hole array.

Everything in the design starts to add cost, we are trying to offer a solution that is at a more attractive price point but will offer better solutions than the competition.

Best,
Matt and Jas

ackcheng

I see. Thanks very much for your explanation.

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
An AC wireway was in the design but was removed because we need to add the connectors holes first to know where it can start and end.

So these new "Core" cases will have an AC wire way.

Best,
Matt and Jas

fsimms

I love the new cases.  I bet they will look cool.  They look like they will sound as good as the fancy ones you made me.  I would not feel that I had lesser cases if I had your new ones.

Bob

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
I love the new cases.  I bet they will look cool.  They look like they will sound as good as the fancy ones you made me.  I would not feel that I had lesser cases if I had your new ones.

Bob

Thanks Bob!

Best,
Matt and Jas

Wayner

That is why you need to use "passivated" stainless steel fasteners. This stops the galvanic action between the aluminum and SST.

'ner

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
Things came up today but we'll update the cad models tomorrow :)

Best,
Matt and Jas

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
We have updated the original post with revised CAD model pictures.

Best,
Matt and Jas

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
BTW we have gotten numerous inquires about these new "Core" cases but no one has committed yet.

3 pairs up for grabs. Be the first to own them  :thumb:

Aluminatisound@gmail.com

Best,
Matt and Jas

ackcheng

If it is going to be monoblock pair, would you consider pairing up left and right mirroring each other?

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
If it is going to be monoblock pair, would you consider pairing up left and right mirroring each other?

To stay true to our project goal and keep costs at minimum, we won't be offering mirrored pairs.

We are almost done machining the 6 cases/covers.

Best,
Matt and Jas

AluminatiSound

• Industry Participant
Updated the original post with a stereo core amp case.

Pictures of machined cases will be posted very shortly in a new thread  8)

Best,
Matt and Jas