Soundmatters FOXL v2 pocket size speaker

vinyl_lady

Soundmatters FOXL v2 pocket size speaker
« on: 18 Jun 2010, 07:53 pm »
I travel a lot on business and have been looking for a small pocket size speaker I could use in a hotel room with my laptop or iPod, use around the swimming pool, etc that provided much better sound than crappy laptop speakers and didn't require high quality in ear phones to enjoy music and I finally found it. The Soundmatters FOXL v2 is a great little pocketsize speaker. I am very impressed with the sound this little speaker delivers. It is one of those "hear it to believe it" deals. Here is the link http://www.soundmatters.com/foxl/

Laura

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: Soundmatters FOXL v2 pocket size speaker
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jun 2010, 07:55 pm »
 :scratch:  That good huh?  I got some AudioEngine A2's for that purpose and they're really good.  Not as small as this though. 

About the same price too. 

konut

• Came for the value, stayed for the drama
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jun 2010, 11:10 pm »
I have the v1 FOXL and use it almost daily for casual youtube, talk radio, and amazon previews as an alternative to my built in laptop speakers or headphones. For the size, you just can't beat it. And here I thought I had nothing in common with you Laura. Haven't owned vinyl in 30+ years. heh heh :duh:

Hicks

• Aperion Audio
    • Aperion Audio
« Reply #3 on: 18 Jun 2010, 11:28 pm »
Yes, great product, I used it as an ipod speaker on a recent camping trip.

Most of the time I use it in my car as a speaker for my phone. 

Wind Chaser

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jun 2010, 12:21 am »
When you read the >>> CUSTOMER COMMENTS <<< by the likes of the President Aerial Acoustics and the co-founder of Martin Logan among others, you'd think this thing should sound pretty decent, but I had one and found it hugely disappointing.  The bass, if you can call it that, would cause the unit to do an uncontrollable dance across the desk.  The 90+ db output is overstated IMO.  The Bluetooth range was severely limited.  A cheap $20 pair of Sony headphones has proven to be 1000x more satisfying.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jun 2010, 03:52 am »
:scratch:  That good huh?  I got some AudioEngine A2's for that purpose and they're really good.  Not as small as this though. 

About the same price too.

Jason,

I have heard good things about the AudioEngines. Peggy said they are awesome. A key selling point for me was that it had to fit in my purse or my computer bag with my purse and the FOXL v2 does that. I'm thinking about getting the AudioEngines to use with my computer at the office. 

vinyl_lady

« Reply #6 on: 19 Jun 2010, 04:08 am »
The bass, if you can call it that, would cause the unit to do an uncontrollable dance across the desk.

Mine came with a non-slip pad to keep it from walking when placed on hard surfaces. The freq response is 80-20,000 and given that limitation the bass is decent, especially if I place it close to a wall. They make a powered sub that connects to the FOXL if one is so inclined.