Just ordered some Outlaw gear...

ZooDog

« on: 10 Apr 2003, 07:45 pm »
I just ordered the 950 processor and 7100 7-channel amp.  I've been wanting an HT for some time now and this combo at $1700 seemed like a great deal.  For speakers I think I'm going to go with Ascend Acoustics CBM-170's and HTM-200's.  Does anyone else on this board have any Outlaw stuff?

Brad

« Reply #1 on: 10 Apr 2003, 08:49 pm »
I've got an Outlaw 1050 receiver.
It's terrific for HT.

The 950 is loaded with a lot more features, too.

Andrew JC

« Reply #2 on: 11 Apr 2003, 01:02 am »
I have the 1050 as well, for the money it's a great product. I think you should be happy with your new setup.

mojoman

« Reply #3 on: 11 Apr 2003, 02:34 am »
I have a 950 and a 5X Parasound amp.  I've been very happy with the setup for about 6 months now.  I got the amp really cheap so I don't have much more in the seperates then a good mid priced AV receiver.  I think you'll be pleased.  It does all the surround formats great.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 11 Apr 2003, 02:36 am »
I plan to buy an ICBM in the reasonably near future; seems packed with features and very flexible.  No competition out there for the price.

JoshK

« Reply #5 on: 11 Apr 2003, 02:43 pm »
Let me know how you like those Ascends.  I have been looking for some relatively cheap mini monitors for my HT, had put these on my list.  Pretty hard to even DIY for that price.

TheeeChosenOne

« Reply #6 on: 11 Apr 2003, 03:40 pm »
Quote from: JoshK
Let me know how you like those Ascends.  I have been looking for some relatively cheap mini monitors for my HT, had put these on my list.  Pretty hard to even DIY for that price.

Like you've probably read elsewhere, the Acsends are exceptional monitors for their price.  Incredibly neutral.  Imaging, soundstage, resolution is fantastic.  

Customer service is great and they have good quality control as they *test* every speaker before it leaves the factory.  Your speaker's serial # has a performance chart in their database for future reference.

In "Sensible Sound", the Ascends got another mention this month, saying their in-room measurements markedly trounced other *much* more expensive speakers they were comparing to.