Is there a test to check on tweeters,some electric guitar makes my tweets buzz

DannyBadorine

Double checking that you have the "line" level setting on rather than the "mic" level setting.  If you go in "mic" level you could be overloading the input.

Wayner

As a guitar player, I'd say that much of a guitar content is distorted. However, I do not listen to much if any digital, so perhaps you are hearing some digital issues.

Huck

Double checking that you have the "line" level setting on rather than the "mic" level setting.  If you go in "mic" level you could be overloading the input.
Line level on.Thanks,Huck

Huck

Hi: I can play any well mastered music and I can turn the volume up till it's unbearable and the high's still sound good,but if it's a crappy mastered CD,mainly the highs are the first thing that irritates my ears and can't go any higher.
One or two particular tracks I have on CD and the same spot is there even on streaming,so for sure that's in the music,nothing I can do about that.Huck

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
Try listening to it via headphones, if the highs sound distorted on the headphones then you know it's the recording.  A better DAC might help, particularly one with tubes. 

On the other hand, if the headphones do not sound distorted, then the problem is your speakers and you should consider better speakers.

Another possibility is that it's actually your room overloading (which does happen with loud music) and that can be frequency-specific.  So if you have a lot of glass and/or bare walls, some absorbent acoustic panels would help, especially at the first reflection point on the side walls.  If you have hard floors, then a very thick rug or carpet would also help. 

Wayner

The story is changing as the thread moves along.......

WGH

Seems to be in both tweeters.

Back on July 31, 2021 you wrote on the djforum.com forum:
"I have noticed that on some certain frequencies,the left tweeter on my my DXR10 seems to be making a buzzing,scraping type of noise..."

Seems like for the last 8 months you can't believe that Godsmack has smacked both your tweeters.