Cables, tubes, and Alnico

Micthursty

Cables, tubes, and Alnico
« on: 5 Feb 2019, 03:24 pm »
How well might Deulund or Viking Acoustic cables work with the Super Alnico Monitors. I have a Will Vincent Baldwin amp and a Blair Chapman pre amp.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
Re: Cables, tubes, and Alnico
« Reply #1 on: 5 Feb 2019, 07:29 pm »
Personally, I'm not a big fan of Duelund as the wire is not very neutral. It may work well for you though, but is more system dependent vs a more neutral cable.

Viking is probably pretty good, I know the owner David and have shown with him before, and built cables for him as well...  but he's pretty new to building cables and I'd be more than happy to put my cables up against his. I offer free demos so you're welcome to borrow my demos and compare them to whatever you like.

sunnydaze

« Reply #2 on: 5 Feb 2019, 08:41 pm »
Cheers to another Will Vincent Baldwin Organ amp owner!    :beer:

Here's mine:

« Last Edit: 5 Feb 2019, 09:50 pm by sunnydaze »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #3 on: 5 Feb 2019, 09:38 pm »
What a nice amp! Any SQ info or specs?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #5 on: 5 Feb 2019, 09:50 pm »
Thanks Sunny, with 20W it can drive any FR driver or hi sensitivity multi way speaker;
« Last Edit: 6 Feb 2019, 01:01 am by FullRangeMan »

sunnydaze

« Reply #6 on: 5 Feb 2019, 09:57 pm »

Yep.  I even use it on top in a passive biamp of my Sunny H2W10 speakers (91 db), and it is wonderful.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Sunny+H2W10H&rlz=1C1CHZL_enUS813US813&oq=Sunny+H2W10H&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

RDavidson

« Reply #7 on: 6 Feb 2019, 01:01 am »
Neat little amp. Very cool!

doggie

« Reply #8 on: 8 Feb 2019, 05:54 pm »
How well might Deulund or Viking Acoustic cables work with the Super Alnico Monitors. I have a Will Vincent Baldwin amp and a Blair Chapman pre amp.

I have been using Duelund wire with my Super Alnico High Output XRS speakers for a couple of years and also a pair of Super Alnico floorstanders before that. My amp is an LTA Ultralinear which has 20 watts and drives these speakers really well.

I find this to be a great combination of musicality and excellent detail.

They have detail without burning your ears off as some silver bearing wires can do for me.