Anyone plan on buying FABLE?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« on: 4 Sep 2004, 11:45 pm »
I've been drooling over this one for a year!  After a long wait, it should be out within 2 or 3 weeks! :rock:  Anyone plan on getting it?

ooheadsoo

« Reply #1 on: 5 Sep 2004, 02:23 am »
I thought it was supposed to be out last thursday (2 days ago.)  Did something happen?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 5 Sep 2004, 02:32 am »
Delays are more common than on-time releases.  It got pushed back but supposedly will be out within a couple weeks.

Woodsea

« Reply #3 on: 5 Sep 2004, 02:50 pm »
This title will definetly be on my X-box.  It is a no brainer.  I figure it is KOTOR on acid...more dynamic and lasts longer.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 24 Sep 2004, 04:06 am »
So I see you bought Fable, Woodsea.  Does it live up to the advance hype?

Woodsea

« Reply #5 on: 15 Oct 2004, 02:28 pm »
I have played it, but not all the way through, third child being imminent and all.  It does not live up to the hype.  But it is one of the best games of this genre I have played.  The game is gorgeous and the side quests make up for fairly short main game.  It is not really open ended which I feel was the best draw.  But a Fable2 is imminent, and on the next box, so I am hoping that everything that was promised content wise and online will be available.
 It is worth a $30 price tag.  Not as good as KOTOR but more manageable then Morrowind.  If you have a week of non-work or other distractions you can rent it and finish 90% of the total game.