Recommended 32" LCD TV

Todd Willhoit

Recommended 32" LCD TV
« on: 23 Nov 2015, 07:49 am »
I would like to pick up a small (~32"), inexpensive TV for a spare room.  My experience with Samsung has been quite good, so I am leaning in that direction.  A smart TV would be nice for Netflix, etc., but we can live with OTA if the price isn't right.  Can anyone offer any suggestions or point to holiday discounts?

Phil A

Re: Recommended 32" LCD TV
« Reply #1 on: 23 Nov 2015, 03:31 pm »
I've also have had good luck with Vizio.  I have a 32 inch in the bedroom when I don't use the projector and it has Apps.  I have a 29 in the kitchen and I have a very old (probably pushing 11 years) 32 inch 720p LCD in the garage, a 42 inch 1080p that is about as old as the 32 inch and a 55 inch backlit LED in the guest room that I had in the master bedroom in the old place.

srb

« Reply #2 on: 23 Nov 2015, 04:04 pm »
Can't go wrong with Samsung, but I think an even better buy is the Insignia NS-32DR420NA16 Smart 1080p on sale at Best Buy for $190.  I have a different model, but it is excellent and solid.  I'm told they are manufactured by LG, but that could vary by model.

Steve

Todd Willhoit

« Reply #3 on: 23 Nov 2015, 04:26 pm »
Thanks guys.  The Samsung I was looking at is model UN32J525DAFXZA at Costco.  A little more than I want to spend, but as I mentioned, I have a comfort level with Samsung.

Does the Insignia support Amazon Prime?  I don't see it listed on the Amazon Compatible Devices list. 

Phil stated that he has a 720P 32".  What are your thoughts on 720p vs 1080P for this screen size?  Also, it appears that 32" sets generally have a 60 Hz refresh rate.  Do you notice any issues with that refresh rate and fast moving screen content?

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 24 Nov 2015, 02:36 am »
Thanks guys.  The Samsung I was looking at is model UN32J525DAFXZA at Costco.  A little more than I want to spend, but as I mentioned, I have a comfort level with Samsung.

Does the Insignia support Amazon Prime?  I don't see it listed on the Amazon Compatible Devices list. 

Phil stated that he has a 720P 32".  What are your thoughts on 720p vs 1080P for this screen size?  Also, it appears that 32" sets generally have a 60 Hz refresh rate.  Do you notice any issues with that refresh rate and fast moving screen content?

That 720p is really old (is in the garage at the moment).  The newer 32 inch Vizio I have is 1080p.  I don't see a big issue with resolution for the screen size.  My old Vizio 42 inch has 60Hz and I've never notice an issue.  I used it for years in the master bedroom and now it just sits in a spare room.  The link to the Insignia shows it has Roku which lets you add a couple of thousand channels, including Amazon Prime.  I have a 50 inch non-smart Insignia and have a Roku 3 box with it.  All you need to do is go online to roku.com and set-up your channels.