Happy to be here and introduce myself....

Hawkboy71

Happy to be here and introduce myself....
« on: 1 May 2024, 07:33 pm »
Hi my name is Gregg and I've been a life long music fan.  My Dad owned an Audio/Visual store when I was a kid so stereo equipment has always been a interest of mine.  Dad's gone now but since I've gotten into more hifi options I've wished he was around to hear some of the equipment I've been able to put together in the last few years. I don't do DIY but I find it interesting and I have purchased pre built DIY speakers... and they are amazing.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Happy to be here and introduce myself....
« Reply #1 on: 1 May 2024, 08:13 pm »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 2 May 2024, 12:06 am »
Welcome!

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 2 May 2024, 02:23 am »
Greetings & Welcome to AC Gregg   :thumb:

stylerb

« Reply #4 on: 2 May 2024, 04:55 am »
What’s your set up? What are you grooving to? What equipment did your dad carry?

My dad introduced me to audio. I grew up with McIntosh amp and pre but don’t know model numbers. Most of my youth (1975+) he had Magnepan speakers, prob late 80s he switched to some big box ADS.

Hawkboy71

« Reply #5 on: 6 May 2024, 01:14 am »
My Dad sold Lloyds, Magnavox, Clarion, Sony, Technics, Panasonic, and Toshiba and others over the years in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. He focused on TVs more than audio but carried both.

My current set up is a pair of GR Research LGK 2.4 speakers, a LGK 2.2 center channel, Project 1xpression Carbon classic turntable with an Ortofon 2m Black cartridge and S2 Tube Box pre-amp, as well as a Sony X800M2 4K player for my SACDs. I also use a Intel NUC i7 mini PC to run Roon software hooked up to a NAS for my digital music and video needs. Since it's all part of my home theater it all goes through a Marantz SR5014 AVR.  Very modest but delivers the goods.

stylerb

« Reply #6 on: 6 May 2024, 01:29 am »
Cool. sounds like a nice system, i dig the Marantz AVRs. i recently heard some GR Research towers side by side with some Revel Salons, they held their own and were impressive. i'd love to see Sony come back to 2 channel hifi in a meaningful way, some great gear over the years. both Yamaha and Technics seem reinvigorated, time for Sony!

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #7 on: 7 May 2024, 12:31 am »
I love the picture of your greyhound.  My daughter owned a retired racer and just had to put him down at age 11. He was a beautiful 85 pound red-orange brindle. We owned an Italian Greyhound that lived to be 19, and now own a Scottish Deerhound.  Retired racers are hard to find now as most come from overseas now. Great dogs though.  Very loving and loyal.

Hawkboy71

« Reply #8 on: 8 May 2024, 05:00 am »
I love the picture of your greyhound.  My daughter owned a retired racer and just had to put him down at age 11. He was a beautiful 85 pound red-orange brindle. We owned an Italian Greyhound that lived to be 19, and now own a Scottish Deerhound.  Retired racers are hard to find now as most come from overseas now. Great dogs though.  Very loving and loyal.

Thanks that's my dog Eddie... he's a beauty!  19 year old! WOW that's amazing!!!

stylerb

« Reply #9 on: 8 May 2024, 06:06 am »
Good looking pooch.

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #10 on: 8 May 2024, 08:36 pm »
That is crazy, my daughters Greyhound's name was Eddie. Beautiful dog you have there.   He won 24 races and raced in 80 or so.  You can look up your dogs racing history.

https://trackinfo.com/dog-search.jsp