Snell Type E II Speakers free Local St Louis Mo area

vintage9594

I have a lovely pair of Snell Type E II speakers free to a good up and coming audiophile home.  I need to free up some space and would prefer to let someone  that is getting started in the hobby to get these.  The cabinets and drivers are in great shape and sound wonderful.  I live in Dardenne Prairie so you need to come my way for pickup.  Please only respond if these will be put to good use as I don’t want to see them on Craigslist for sale the day after pickup for someone trying make a buck on my generosity.

Thx
314-532-0095
Text only please or leave contact info in email
« Last Edit: 12 Jun 2018, 11:23 am by vintage9594 »

pinkfloyd4ever

Re: Snell Type E II Speakers free Local St Louis Mo area
« Reply #1 on: 11 Jun 2018, 06:43 pm »
Man...I'm on a tight budget and am looking for some new speakers, so I really want to jump on these but unfortunately my space requires bookshelf speakers. Good luck to whoever picks them up!

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jun 2018, 01:29 am »
That's a very generous offer.
I have always loved the sound of Snell bass and once impressed the owner of Snells by identiying his speakers as Snells before I could see the nameplate.
He said the salesman made him choose his speakers by listening with his back to them as he switched between them. I think that's a valid technique.

dburna

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jun 2018, 01:52 am »
I left a few text messages, so I assume that these are already gone at this point. Thank you for your generous spirit towards the AC community. I'm sure someone will be very happy with these.

Best regards, -dGB

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jun 2018, 09:35 am »
Very generous, indeed!  Good audio Karma.