GAS Flea Market thread

gooberdude

Re: GAS Flea Market thread
« Reply #40 on: 20 May 2012, 10:37 pm »
I really liked the Moon LP3, especially the bass.  There's a used one for sale here somewhere, I kinda want to keep looking though.

thanks for the suggestion.   

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
« Reply #41 on: 21 May 2012, 12:01 am »
Looks like i'm jumping back into vinyl here soon, and I need a good phono preamp on the cheap.  If anyone has anything decent just sitting around gathering dust, I'm interested.  <$500.

In the past I had a tricked out channel islands vpp-1, Sim Moon Audio LP3 and a few el-cheapo varieties from bellari & others.   Cartridges will most likely be MM and high output MC.

Pretty sure I want a SS preamp, no tubes, but i'm open to suggestions, hyperbole, hearsay & conjecture.    :thumb:

matt

Matt, I have a Ray Samuels Nighthawk, barely broken in.  Silver faceplate with black knobs.  $650. . .

gooberdude

« Reply #42 on: 21 May 2012, 11:04 pm »
Bob, you've cost me enough already!    :lol:

Let me do a bit more shopping & i'll let you know.  that's an excellent preamp. 
i don't even have the TT yet, but hopefully soon. 

Do you have any XLR to rca adapters lying around unused???  I take delivery of a dcx2496 later this week..

catastrofe

« Reply #43 on: 22 May 2012, 03:19 am »
Do you have any XLR to rca adapters lying around unused???  I take delivery of a dcx2496 later this week..

Yes I do...

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #44 on: 22 May 2012, 04:48 pm »
Come on Matt....all the cool kids have XLR to RCA adapters now-a-days.....   :wink:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #45 on: 22 May 2012, 05:17 pm »
Guys, I'm selling two Nikon AF lenses for a buddy of mine

A near-mint Nikkor 85mm 1.8 AF lens, and a MINT Promaster/Tokina? 12-24mm zoom.  Both are heavy, robust pieces, not the plastic stuff.  Thinking $295 each, with a discount for both.  The 85 has a UV filter on it.

Any interest?  Will ship to other ACers.

'brick

bside123

« Reply #46 on: 22 May 2012, 05:59 pm »
Guys, I'm selling two Nikon AF lenses for a buddy of mine

A near-mint Nikkor 85mm 1.8 AF lens, and a MINT Promaster/Tokina? 12-24mm zoom.  Both are heavy, robust pieces, not the plastic stuff.  Thinking $295 each, with a discount for both.  The 85 has a UV filter on it.

Any interest?  Will ship to other ACers.

'brick

I've got a couple of photog friends here who may be interested. They've been talking lenses lately, and one of them just bought a Nikon D7000. I forwarded your description on to them. I'll let you know if something jumps.

Din

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #47 on: 22 May 2012, 06:41 pm »
Great!  Thanks!

The 85 covers full frame (I have the same lens); I doubt the Promaster does.

gooberdude

« Reply #48 on: 22 May 2012, 11:05 pm »
Very true Bob, but Catastrophe has the special ones     :lol:

In short order i'm trying to see if the Dayton cheapies are any worse than the pricey Cardas, as opposed to getting custom grover huffman IC's with an XLR on one end.   

Thunderbrick, I might need one of those...just dropped my camera bag & am still finding bits of glass   :(     The 12-24 might work in place of a 10-24 that i've been using.  Is it fast glass by chance?   

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #49 on: 22 May 2012, 11:11 pm »
F4 all the way, but I think it's for crop cameras only.  Only gives MF on my D300.  I can't keep up with all the camera models.

gooberdude

« Reply #50 on: 22 May 2012, 11:18 pm »
I have a D3000.  No clue what a crop camera or MF is.

I take all the photos for our company's real estate website. Boring stuff.   My current wide angle lens works great...just not sure if it bit the dust though.  I know it bit a concrete floor pretty hard.   :o

Specifically, looking to replace a Tamron SP 10-24mm  1:3.5 - 4.5

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #51 on: 22 May 2012, 11:49 pm »
MF = Manual Focus.
Not sure what a crop camera is.  :scratch:

Sorry to hear you now have access to the inside of your lenses Matt.
That's kinda like seeing the magic smoke that makes amps operate.  :(

Bob

gooberdude

« Reply #52 on: 23 May 2012, 12:09 am »
AF is for pussies, all my shots are MF.  Its the only way to get the damn camera to shoot small bedrooms with 4 white painted walls.   I've had to learn exposure the last few months.  All it took was 5000 bad shots, then an hour of reading a book on the subject.    :green:

My loft is crazy hard, concrete & bricks everywhere. I've broken dozens of glass pieces the last year, it just takes a millisecond
Hopefully the lens is ok, the UV filter literally fused to the lens cap...a horrific experience to get it peeled off.   Will know more tonight hopefully, once i stop hyperventilating.  Good analogy to smoking gear.

$300 for a comparable lens is excellent.  The mid level Tamron was $700+ and i usually shoot @ 13-18mm.

bside123

« Reply #53 on: 23 May 2012, 03:34 am »
"Crop Camera" is a digital term for cameras that have a sensor that is less than full-frame (35mm equivalent).

With a sensor smaller than full-frame, the image is "cropped." Nikons digital cameras typically have a 1.5 crop factor meaning that a 50mm lens becomes a 75mm equivalent and so on. There's more to it than this... but this is the short bus version.

catastrofe

« Reply #54 on: 23 May 2012, 10:21 am »
Very true Bob, but Catastrophe has the special ones     :lol:

In short order i'm trying to see if the Dayton cheapies are any worse than the pricey Cardas, as opposed to getting custom grover huffman IC's with an XLR on one end.   

Thunderbrick, I might need one of those...just dropped my camera bag & am still finding bits of glass   :(     The 12-24 might work in place of a 10-24 that i've been using.  Is it fast glass by chance?

I have a set of the custom Grover Huffmans also... :icon_twisted:

bside123

« Reply #55 on: 25 May 2012, 10:58 pm »
Don't know if anybody might be interested in these items, but... I am beginning sell off my very large watch collection on eBay. My user ID is bside123aolcom. I will be offering everything from luxury European Watches to Swiss/German NOS Vintage and American Vintage as well as Antique Watches. When I was collecting, I pretty much specialized in Wristwatches with an occasional Pocket Watch here & there and some misc Collectible Time Piece Items. Give me a shout if something should perk your interest. Thanks GAS for this Flea Market Thread!  Din

Scott F.

« Reply #56 on: 25 May 2012, 11:17 pm »
Ooou, got pics you can send me? I might do one or two timepieces  :thumb:

bside123

« Reply #57 on: 25 May 2012, 11:58 pm »
Ooou, got pics you can send me? I might do one or two timepieces  :thumb:

Sure Scott,

Sure, I can get you pics. You'll have to give me some idea what your interested in, as I have a very LARGE inventory. There's some pics on the 4 listings I have up on ebay. Thanks.

Din

youravhandyman

« Reply #58 on: 27 May 2012, 10:26 pm »
I have a toy up on ebay that isn't exactly audio but might be useful to someone out there.  It is a VUDU box media streamer.  Originally designed just to stream movies from Vudu it has added some other internet streaming including Pandora and several podcasts.  Vudu video quality on standard def is better than most netflix HD dowloads and has no monthly fee, just pay per view.  Yes, this is the same VUDU that is on most Blu Ray players these days with the difference of this unit having an internal 1TB hard drive.  The drive had 2 purposes on this player.  One, it holds the first 3 seconds of just about every current movie it has access to pre loaded so that playback is almost immediate without buffering.  Second, you can actually purchase or rent and download movies to the hard drive allowing someone that travels to take some movies with them.  Third possible benefit is trashing the entire player for the sake of a 1TB hard drive. For the gadget/network freaks like me this unit can be controlled over your home network by several different interfaces and controllers.
If anyone has interest I'll post the ebay link below.  Shipping is free or if you are close I can just run it by.  If you have any questions you can reach me here or through ebay.  Unit is new in box and never used though is a couple years old.  I have one I use already and got this on a discount.  Still cost me $350 but my loss is your gain as they say.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VUDU-XL-VBX1000-media-streamer-1-TB-storage-New-In-Box-/110882840056?pt=PCC_Drives_Storage_Internal&hash=item19d121ddf8

RaceTripper

« Reply #59 on: 3 Jun 2012, 10:40 pm »
Dynaudio Contour S1.4 Maple with black Stand4
SOLD

The S1.4s are Maple finish. The Stand4 are black finish. I have everything these came with: boxes, manuals, bass port foam plugs, spikes, adjusting hardware, etc. Condition of stands are 9/10. Speakers are 8/10 (see following comments).

There is something unique about this pair. Maple S1.4s usually come with silver baffles. This pair has the charcoal baffles that Dynaudio uses for all the other finishes. I acquired these as B-stock from Dynaudio NA, but the original silver baffles had cosmetic flaws so I replaced them. I still have the originals and will include them. They could be re-powder coated to look perfect.

One speaker has a very slight 4 mm scratch and minor nick. You will not notice it. My wife couldn't find it until I pointed it out. Once you have them set up you will never know the it is there. The other minor flaw is a 8 mm scratch on the black plinth at the very bottom. This can be marked out and will be unnoticeable. I never even really noticed it while in use. The bottoms of the speakers have the normal wear and tear associated with coupling them to the Stand4. These will never be visible during use. Otherwise, these speakers are like beautiful and like new.

The fascia and grills are perfect. None of the driver cones have ever been pushed in or otherwise marred in any way. The tweeters are perfect.

These speakers sound fantastic and are considered one of the finest monitors in any price range below the doubly expensive Dynaudio Confidence C1. More info is at
Contour S1.4: Dynaudio - http://www.dynaudio.com/int/home_loudspeaker_systems/contour/contour_s14.php
Stand4: Dynaudio - http://www.dynaudio.com/int/home_loudspeaker_systems/accessories/stand_4.php

The speakers are directly coupled to the stands and can be filled with sand for excellent dampening properties and improved performance. That is how they are configured now. The stands also include the damped double top plates, which have never been used. All hardware, boxes, manuals are included.

The Contour S 1.4 defines the experience of pure and true sound. The advanced Dynaudio technology and the innovative cabinet construction are unified in a spectacular design - all individual aspects form a harmonious, synergistic whole. Elegant, slim lines shape a soft curve on the front baffle. The thin cloth grill cover, secured in place by small hidden magnets, underlines the silhouette. The real wood veneer is meticulously polished by hand to yield a silky smooth finish, an elegant contrast to the solid aluminum and metal elements so essential to the advanced technology of the loudspeakers. To allow for the S 1.4 to achieve its highest potential, the optional Stand4 is recommended. It is available in either a Silver or Black finish, and can be attached directly to the base of the S 1.4 with no top plate required, creating a perfectly integrated unit, one that is ideal both sonically as well as aesthetically. An extensively braced and damped inner cabinet, select crossover components, a phase- and impulse-ideal first order crossover slope, and a sound-quality oriented balance of all parts and materials have been implemented.

Contour S1.4 Technical Specifications
Sensitivity: 85 dB (2,83 V/1 m)
IEC Power Handling: 160 W
Impedance: 4 Ohms
Frequency Response: 41 Hz -- 25 kHz (± 3 dB)
Box Principle: 2-way bass-reflex
Crossover Frequency: 1900 Hz
Weight: 12.6 kg
Dimensions (W x H x D):
188 x 404 x 360 mm
7.4 x 15.9 x 14.2"

« Last Edit: 28 Jun 2012, 05:33 pm by RaceTripper »