***SOLD*** FS: Cartridge Man Music Maker Mk3 cartridge + Isolator -- low hrs

sunnydaze

Available is the excellent Cartridge Man Music Maker III cartridge designed by Len Gregory.  It's an exquisite Moving Iron cartridge that simply makes great music.  High output, run it straight into your MM section, no need for additional expense / complexity of SUT or head amp.  It's fairly compliant so the mfr recs arms up to 13g.  Worked great in my arms:  Linn Ittok, Origin Live, Rega, Moerch UP9,  Hadcock 242.

I'm the 2nd owner, bought a few years ago.  Seller estimated 200 hrs on it.  It's been in rotation with several other carts, so I estimate I added no more than another 150.   Cantilever is straight and centered, stylus sharp, tracks like a champ.  Used in my home without pets, children and smoke.

I enjoyed this cart so much that I bought another one w/ the Soundsmith level 2 retip.  The sonic gap between the two is quite small compared to other carts I've personally compared stock vs retip -- namely Shelter 501 and Dyna 20x.  By almost all accounts and for virtually all carts the SS retips are typically far superior to stock versions.  That this is not the case (at least to my ears) for the Music Maker is testimony to its quality.

Please read the reviews from 6moons, TNT Audio, Enjoy the Music and many others to get a good idea of the capabilities of this fine cartridge.

"As I wrap this one up listening to Pure Audiophiles release of Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers Keystone 3 on ultra cool red vinyl, I am reminded of how good this cartridge is. The Music Maker III is clean and extended on the top end. The midrange is harmonically rich yet very defined yet never coming across as dull or veiled. The bass digs extremely deep and is very tuneful. While the MM-III performs extremely well on Rock and Roll, it is just as at home with Jazz and Classical. She images like a champ giving extremely good definition to all of the performers and instruments on the virtual soundstage. Her sound is wonderfully open and spacious without being exaggerated. Best part is she has soul and is enormously involving to listen to. After all, isn't that what we are in this hobby for... emotional involvement?"  -- Enjoy the Music

Specs, info and some additional positive review snippets here:

http://www.thecartridgeman.com/music_maker.htm

Includes everything shown in pics, plus mounting hardware.
(EDIT: I've managed to misplace the stylus guard, but will pack very securely)

This cart retails for $1200.

Asking $450 including insured s/h to CONUS via USPS Priority Mail.  Add 3% if PP gift feature not used.

At my asking price I will include the CARTRIDGE MAN ISOLATOR.

It's a resonance control device, also designed by Len Gregory.  It mates beautifully with the Music Maker cart.  I believe it sells for $150.  It is attached to the MM cartridge in my photos.  It will ship unattached.

Rather than blab on about it here, Google for all the positive reviews and comments.

At about 30 cents on the dollar, my price is very fair for this great performing duo.

More pics in my Gallery:

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=22898

I am an experienced hobbiest and have great feedback on all the usual sites.   Buy with confidence.

Thanks for looking.

~ John

« Last Edit: 8 Apr 2019, 04:19 pm by sunnydaze »

sunnydaze

Bump

sunnydaze

Cartridge is SOLD, Isolator still available.