Weeding out junk records... Jazz now done. from 1,270 to 1,078

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
I have made it a plan to reduce my vinyl collection. (Had about 4,500, want to get to 3000)  Started recently with shelving of bins six tall and ten across. Got rid of the top row entirely. Now working on the bottom row.
Had to clear three bins of Jazz to free up the bottom under the Jazz. Listened to a LOT of records.. (at least the first few minutes) to decide keep/ toss. Did not need to listen to any of the 'big' names, just all the little, medium famous guys. Some boring, some way too far out there.
Finished.
Now to return to the Rock and or Classical. Still have two bins each to dump.
(and no they are not for sale here... I sell them to my favorite dealer, who sold them to me in the first place. I hate selling little dribbles of stuff on line)

Weeding really reinforces the knowledge of the collection. Also makes it more interesting and usable. Plus I am getting old. I do not need an endless pile of records.
And this frees up records back into the local used market.

toocool4

I was thinking about doing this a while back as I was running out of space, but then I did manage to find some space to put a new record rack.
When I run out of space next, I will do what you are doing now. I can never be bothered to sell them, so I always take them to my local charity shop Oxfam or give them to my next door neighbours son who is just starting a record collection.