TVC with ATC

naca5

TVC with ATC
« on: 12 Sep 2009, 08:55 pm »
Hi there,

My speakers are ATC (active) and I would like to know if someone has some experience with?

Thanks

milpai

• My Dedicated Audio Room
Re: TVC with ATC
« Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2009, 02:08 am »
Hi there,

My speakers are ATC (active) and I would like to know if someone has some experience with?

Thanks

I have no experience for the combination. But since I am looking for a power amp upgrade, let me provide you with the details that I was suggested by others on various forums:
Input sensitivity of the power amp should be <= 1V and Input impedance should be > 30 kOhms. The TVC is working great with my amp that has sensitivity of 770mV and impedance of 20kOhms.
Check for the specs on your speaker's amp section and see if it is close to the figures I have mentioned.
Good luck.

guest48077

« Reply #2 on: 13 Sep 2009, 03:17 am »
I am running my TVC with Yorkville YSMp1 Studio monitors. Not sure if the combo is optimal because I have not tried (or owned) anything else. I am very happy with the sound though. I actually like the sound of nearfield monitors, crisp clear and punchy. My stereo imaging could most likley be better, I would have to do some comparisons. I don't think I will have to upgrade for a long time. Even if I did upgrade I would still use my Active monitors for specific types of music. when I have enough room I will set up another set of my Passive speakers and amp and switch between speakers. Over all I am very happy with this combination .........but I am curious on what I "MAY" be missing out  on   

Spec of my speakers
are 1mv
and 10 Kohms

Take a look at my gallery for pics of my system.

naca5

« Reply #3 on: 13 Sep 2009, 07:09 am »
Hi thanks for replies guis,
Input is 1,0 v balanced and Impedance is >10 Ohms

I've tried in the past a Music First, and it worked great with balanced input, but very flawly with RCA.....is this the same with Promitheus?

guest48077

« Reply #4 on: 13 Sep 2009, 04:27 pm »
Hi thanks for replies guis,
Input is 1,0 v balanced and Impedance is >10 Ohms

I've tried in the past a Music First, and it worked great with balanced input, but very flawly with RCA.....is this the same with Promitheus?

I run Balanced XLR, I am not familiar with the RCA TVCs

naca5

« Reply #5 on: 13 Sep 2009, 04:59 pm »
Humm, it's not a clue  :lol:
What's the most accurate term to describe the Promitheus sound? I can  figure the answer: is no coloration, but with an A/B comparaison with Music First?
Any idea?

PromitheusAudio

• Promitheusaudio
« Reply #6 on: 14 Sep 2009, 10:55 am »
I have quite a number of users of active speaker systems from JBL, Genelex and ATC. if i am not mistaken adam speakers too

They work great. However all my customers use balanced.
I believe because of the low impedance and the way active systems are design, balance is the way to go here. Most of this speaker are for professional usage or studio. If you look at the brands this are studio/ pro usage and they tend to sound better when run balance as the speakers are design to be run with long interconnects as the standard wiring for studio. Hence the amps are design with balance in mind and tap for rca connection for sub optimal connection.

hope this helps with the wiring format. Our balance TVC are true balance though and not pseudo balance.

naca5

« Reply #7 on: 14 Sep 2009, 06:43 pm »
Thanks for reply Nicholas