Promitheus Audio power amps?

Milenko27

Promitheus Audio power amps?
« on: 1 Apr 2009, 04:08 pm »
I own a dac, and are saving up money to buy the Apollo pre/tvc....
The Tvc and the Dac get great reviews and is better than anything near their price range, i am wondering about going all out and Promitheus power amp aswell....however, there is not much reviews or anything about them......
Are they good at their price but not as superior as the dac and the tvc or arent there that many power amps out there?

For the moment i have a homebuilt El 34 se amp (4W), i love the way it sounds but i could use a bit more power, so i am thinking about the EL34 monos or the 300B monos......

Suggestions are most appreciated....

I also see that i can get both a standard tvc and the el34 monos for the price of the maxed out Apollo....
What to do......

Thirsty

Re: Promitheus Audio power amps?
« Reply #1 on: 2 Apr 2009, 06:14 pm »
I think it comes down to how much you want to spend, I'm sure the Appollo is a great sounding preamp and I considered it for my system but went with a TVC instead, mostly for the reason to stay off the grid. For around $1500 you could put together a killer sounding system with a Ref. 4 TVC and the EL34 mono's, you could upgrade the transformers to C Core or Double C Core for a bit more.

I run a Ref. 4 TVC and the 2A3 monoblocks on my 99db speakers and the combination sounds wonderful, I've been considering to upgrade the transformers on the 2A3 amps to double C core but the amps sound so good bone stock that I'm not sure the upgraded transformers would make that much of a difference.

You can't go wrong with Promitheus gear and I do believe having all the components from the same manufacturer will give the best synergy, just decide on your budget and go for it, and be patient while waiting for it to be built.

Greg

Milenko27

Re: Promitheus Audio power amps?
« Reply #2 on: 2 Apr 2009, 09:43 pm »
Thank you for the responce, i guess i will start saving up foe a complete Promitheus set up  :D