"Clash of the Titans"

Bigfish

"Clash of the Titans"
« on: 16 Aug 2010, 11:52 am »
There was not much of interest on the shelves at the local BB this weekend and I selected "Clash of the Titans," not expecting much.  I have to report that I was surprised that it turned-out to be an entertaining movie.  The movie has decent acting and good special effects.  I would rate it at 3.25 out of 5 stars.

Ken

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
Re: "Clash of the Titans"
« Reply #1 on: 16 Aug 2010, 12:15 pm »
The reviews were so brutal that I thought it would probably suck, so going in expecting pretty much zilch I too was pleasantly surprised.  It was a fun movie!  The acting was good, the writing was okay and the effects weren't too bad overall.  And who doesn't love hearing Zeus yell, "Release the Kraken!" :icon_twisted:

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #2 on: 16 Aug 2010, 01:45 pm »
I was at Costco yesterday and was going to pick it up due to the not so great review. :(

I think I'm going back to get it now. :)

Thanks guys.

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 16 Aug 2010, 02:42 pm »
I thought it was OK as well.  A good popcorn flick.

Construct

« Reply #4 on: 16 Aug 2010, 03:58 pm »
The movie was underrated.  It was a decent popcorn flick and 100 times better than the original cheese fest. 

anthony a.

« Reply #5 on: 20 Aug 2010, 04:26 am »
hahaha, you are right.  i just watched the original, thinking it would be decent.  wow, was it ever bad.  not only were the effects total cheese (even for the 80's), but the plot was a joke.  the new one is much better.  i went in thinking it would suck but i actually thought it was quite good.